Review by Ondijo Junior -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriva...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ondijo Junior
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ondijo-junior.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Review by Ondijo Junior -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriva...

Post by Ondijo Junior »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire; A New Arrival under Great Skies is the first book of the series We are Voulhire by Matthew Tysz. This is a non-fiction novel talking about a young man called Galen who is on a mission to take over his uncle’s wealth. Will he manage it?

I pictured a young determined man sailing to Voulhire the unknown land. Galen was on a mission to meet his unknown uncle who might as well be died by now. Galen had just learned about his unknown uncle, he is heading to meet him. Galen arrives at Magnum Caelum, a place with no access to freshwater to take over his uncle’s wealth. Will he make it in the wealthy nation of Voulhire? And his uncle dead already or he found him alive? Find out.

The 150 paged novel explores various topical themes such as friendships, death, politics, and governance. The book is divided into sections which are named after the main character in that part.

I liked the humor in the book, especially from Rowan and the Mayor. I was also impressed by the letter written to Galen by his uncle; the letter was written with a lot of honesty and emotions. I could feel it, I felt that I was the one being addressed. What impressed me most was how the author described his characters. I would form a vivid image of each character whenever they were being introduced. I could see Galen in the boat, sailing to an unknown land, having a lot of questions unanswered. The author writes with refreshing frankness and bluntness in simple English and in a conventional manner that is easy to understand.

I would proudly say the book was professionally edited, as I only noticed a couple of grammatical errors. The minor errors never hindered my reading. This was the perfect way to start a series and indeed can’t wait to read the remaining part of the series.

I strongly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading a fantasy novel. I believe all will enjoy it as you will immediately love how candid and down-to-earth the author’s voice was from the first part to the last. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars I gave it full rating because I never met any major dislike, if not the two grammatical errors. Indeed, I can’t wait to read the remaining part of the book, I would like to know how it all ended up.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Absenc Of Evidence, is Never an Evidence Of Absence
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

We share a similar liking to the humorous parts of a book.
I also can't wait to read the sequels.
Thank you for your enthusiastic review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”