Review by Afreen Rahim -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Afreen Rahim
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afreen-rahim.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review by Afreen Rahim -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Afreen Rahim »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Death the only thing in life that is guaranteed." But when it comes to Many World theory, for every human action there will be infinite number of outcomes which create infinite number of worldline which basically means immortal life.

Worldlines portray the story of how Gary Jackson, a 23-year old Physics student is now paying for something that has done by his 'other self' in some other worldline. The novel depicts how Gary along with his love, friend and his Professor, unravels the world of quantum universes.

Author Adam Guest has beautifully executed the the complex plot of Worldline without failing to keep the stability of the characters in all worldline. I personally liked how Guest has used Black, Blue, Red and Green worldline to distinguish between the worldline. It actually helps the readers to know where we are. And the transition between all these worldline where smooth. Even though there was similarities between characters in all these worlds, they also had a unique feature that made all characters unique. The one character I liked the most was Mary's. A person with dementia is the reason why all these worlds connected.

The only error I found was the spacing in the author's name in page 1. And the thing I didn't quite like is how Gary brings up Professor Buzzard in Chapter 10 when he was in the interview room with Sinead. I think that felt quite unnatural. The story was clean otherwise.

Unlike other sci-fi novels, Guest had a unique touch on this one. As a sci-fi fan, I felt this was a simple and not too complex one. But had the power to keep me on my toes so that I was able to finish it in a day. The novel wasn't confusing or complicated. And in some ways or should I say 'in some world', had a happy ending. I rate this one a 4 out of 4 stars.

I would recommend this book to everyone who like sci-fi novels and who wants to start reading sci-fi novels, because this one is a good place to start, since it doesn't have too complications.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Reader-247 »

If it is a good sci-fi novel to christen the genre with, as per your recommendation, then I might give this a go :). Thank you for an engaging review.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I think this book would be tricky for me to understand, and I don't enjoy tricky books. Thank you for the review though!
Afreen Rahim
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afreen-rahim.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Afreen Rahim »

Reader-247 wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 14:23 If it is a good sci-fi novel to christen the genre with, as per your recommendation, then I might give this a go :). Thank you for an engaging review.

Thankyou

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”