Review by Suzer6440 xyz -- That One Person by Annie Farris

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Review by Suzer6440 xyz -- That One Person by Annie Farris

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

[Following is a volunteer review of "That One Person" by Annie Farris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“If you have one person in your life, just one person who loves you, believes in you, and will stand by you, you are very, very rich.” This quote pinpoints what this heartwarming novel is about.

That One Person by Annie Farris is an uplifting memoir that shares events which illuminates the reader from the very beginning. Annie’s story is full of inspiration and shows perseverance and gratitude that, when applied to our own lives, can make a tremendous and everlasting impact. Annie had a troublesome start with young, abusive, alcoholic parents, coupled with a cascade of challenges throughout her life. As the story unfolds, Annie realizes a huge weight lifted from her shoulders, once she accepts Christ into her heart and manages to turn that adversity to spark her positivity.

This is a story about resilience and determination. Annie shows courage and how we can make the best out of our circumstances, despite the challenges we experience. One quote in particular had a huge impact on me: “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly” by Eric Carle. This reminds us to persevere and keep calm. If we stay on track, things will fall into place.

The best part of this book is that it demands readers to rethink what it means to really love someone. This is genuinely shown by Mrs. Thompson. It was refreshing to read about a young girl overcoming such heartache and turmoil in her life. Eventually, Annie becomes a strong and independent adult despite the unfortunate events and darkness of her younger years. Her strong ability to face her hardships was inspiring and stands out as what I liked the most in this book. In addition, the book is full of indelible moments.The most appealing part to this story are the summaries and questions at the end of the chapters.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. This story proved that a stranger’s kindness can turn your life around. This proves to be a great lesson in kindness that applies to all. Readers who yearn for a dose of inspiration will adore this book. While this book was enlightening and educational, there also was an encouraging feel to it. It was professionally edited with no evidence of any grammatical errors. There is no profanity or erotic content. For all of the reasons above, I award this book four out of four stars.

That One Person
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like the optimistic tone of the book and its motivational nature. Thanks for the reading recommendation.
havasq78
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by havasq78 »

Funny how 'kindness' can be such a simple, daily task but yet at times is hard to find. An inspiring story is always a good way to lift someone's mood. Good review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”