Review by Sarah Ojomo -- Midwinter Turns to Spring

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah Ojomo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-ojomo.html
Latest Review: Midwinter Turns to Spring by Maria Veloso

Review by Sarah Ojomo -- Midwinter Turns to Spring

Post by Sarah Ojomo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Midwinter Turns to Spring" by Maria Veloso.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Midwinter Turns to Spring is a wonderful love story of Suzannah Curtis and Alfonso Madrigal. Maria Veloso, the author shows us the journey of them finding each other, understanding the deeper meaning of true love and trying to hold on to love despite all the challenges. Cassidy Hamilton finds an old journal belonging to the old occupant of her new house, Savannah who lived there twenty-six years ago. She gets sucked into the love story described in the journal and takes it as a last attempt to renew her belief in true love. Alfonso Madrigal, a Flamenco guitarist who immigrated from Spain meets Savannah, an artist and art consultant in a bid to authenticate a painting his grandmother left to him and they fall in love despite their circumstances .Will love be able to heal and conquer all?

This book was such a captivating read. It drew me in all the way from start to finish. I loved the poetry in the book and also the way the music made their love seem spiritual. It had a seamless flow between Spanish and English, inserting words that made me want to learn the language. The culture, places, food and art described were interesting to read also. The book has a depth of emotions like hope and love that were obvious in the relationships between the characters.

Maria Veloso created a masterpiece showing us the realities of life with some of the dialogue encouraging deep thinking. The family dynamics and stories of the characters were realistic and depicted well. The way Suzannah used art as an outlet for the children and her dream of opening a school to teach emotionally traumatized chidren how to paint resonated with me. I also liked how social and mental health issues were described and handled. The story was very well-written and the editing was also top-notch. I have nothing bad to say about this novel.

I would recommend this book for anyone trying to renew their faith in love like Cassidy. I also think artists and those with love and appreciation for art and music would enjoy it. I honestly think anyone who enjoys a good romance would love this book as much as I do.

It was a great read and I loved everything about it. It is one of those books you just cannot drop once you start reading. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Midwinter Turns to Spring
View: on Bookshelves
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

It sounds like a romantic story. But, if it's in Spanish I might not be able to read it. :cry: Thanks for your wonderful review!
Sarah Ojomo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-ojomo.html
Latest Review: Midwinter Turns to Spring by Maria Veloso

Post by Sarah Ojomo »

PeterRabitt20 wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 20:16 It sounds like a romantic story. But, if it's in Spanish I might not be able to read it. :cry: Thanks for your wonderful review!
It's not in Spanish. There are just a few Spanish words in the book and they're immediately translated.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”