Review by Shillah A -- Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Y...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Review by Shillah A -- Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Y...

Post by MarcellaM »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life" by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Learn To Love: Guide To Healing Your Disappointing Love Life is a self-help book that talks about the unhealthy love relationships that we develop and the strategies by which we can unlearn them. The author points out that what can be learned can also be unlearned or re-learned. Different toxic behaviors have been listed and ways to overcome the negative aspects have been highlighted. The change process included in the book involves learning to make permanent changes in love relationships though it might prove a little difficult. This book is based on years of clinical research to come up with indisputable facts and it, therefore, includes educational and therapeutic strategies. The author has employed multiple life examples that are related to many relationship difficulties.

The book is so educative and therefore there are several things I loved about the book. The book is divided into three parts and an outline of the chapters on what each part will be dealing with. Dr. Thomas Jordan has similarly included researchers' insights in the book such as Dr. Leo Buscaglia and Marco Grassi an Italian painter. He also narrows down to the personal level of the reader in addressing some of the solutions and also uses different kinds of teaching such as using formulas and this, therefore, doesn't allow room for boredom. The reader also has an opportunity to fill in their experiences. There is a summary after each lesson highlighting the important aspects in bold and in a simple format.

However, despite enjoying the book there are some negative aspects I noted while reading the book. The author uses a lot of words to explain a particular aspect and also there is a repetition of facts that have already been clarified. The method that the author used in outlining seems to be so similar and one may be unable to decipher what category they are in.

The book contains very few typos and the terminology is simple to understand without being drawn away. I would therefore rate this book 4 out of 4 stars since it was professionally edited. The book's proper alignment also affirms this.

I would recommend this book to teenagers and adults who may be experiencing unhealthy love relationships and those who might have withdrawn after several setbacks. Researchers who are also interested in the psychology of love relationships may also find this book useful.

Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life
View: on Bookshelves
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

A self-help book that talks about unhealthy love relationships. Great review.
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

Kennedy NC wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 01:42 A self-help book that talks about unhealthy love relationships. Great review.
It is a great read that is inspiring. Thanks for stopping by.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

With the state of relationships in the world, this sounds needed. I don't think it's for me. Happily married. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Thanks for an insightful review and recommendations. This book is very educating and informative. Readers have a lot to unlearn and relearn. I read this book and it was worth my time. Thanks to Jordan.
Hiruni Hansika
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-hansika.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Hiruni Hansika »

I like the fact that this book is not just mre facts but are proved by clinical research. I should give it a try! Thanks for the wonderful review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”