Review by Durgeshwari Dolas -- We are Voulhire: Someone ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Durgeshwari Dolas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-durgeshwari-dolas.html
Latest Review: Cold Serial: The Jack the Strangler Murders by Brian E. Forschner

Review by Durgeshwari Dolas -- We are Voulhire: Someone ...

Post by Durgeshwari Dolas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After witnessing the massacre that occurred in the city of Virko, our trio (Galen-Demetrius-Rowan) were upset, shocked and angry, among them Demetrius also has a sense of guilt overshadowing him. To deliver the news of Virko and seek help Galen decided to have an audience with King Wilhelm. Therefore, the reluctant Rowan who does not want to face his family, the not so hopeful Demetrius who think there is no point asking help from the king and the hopeful and determined Galen Bray starts their journey to the capital city, Soulhire.
In this book, we will get to see new and the also old characters from the previous books like Lucius Nartik involved with schemes of Roha Rohavi and Emperor of Lullabies, Kayden, the new Lord of Virko, Midius Maido, Chancellor of the Mianoran, Miss Shore who is working on the case of saving people from The land Of Princes. Prince Darius, son of King Wilhelm. In addition, there was our powerful mysterious Mage Meldorath as new Eiodi and his fellow group of Beth, Siden, Alabaster, Mestitrio, and Gordon.
We Are Voulhire: Someone Else's End is the third installment of We Are Voulhire series by Matthew Tysz.
I have to praise Matthew for creating such vivid and capturing characters. Their description, their aura, their conversation and their involvement with each other is a very strong point of this book. He knows how to create curiosity and cliffhangers something that will make readers come back for more.
There are some difficulties I faced while reading this 3rd book, that in early chapters it was very plain or I will say that they weren't giving me the feeling to complete the book in one go. It was just in staring chapter only because when it came to actual drama, the last 10 or so chapters it will increase your curiosity and captivate you. In addition, it was a little annoying and confusing at some point when the Pov's changed suddenly, I did not face this problem in previous books but in this one, I felt it.
The book is professionally edited; there was a minor error, which was not worth mentioning. There is some mild profanity and some scenes of murder and mentions of rape. I think the book is suitable for teenagers, young adults as well and for anyone who is into fantasy and magical world, novels with character development and powerful villain. This is not a standalone book, you have to read the first two entries of the We Are Voulhire series to get used to all the characters and story line.
I will be giving three stars out of four to the book, I would be lying if I gave full points to the book, because it wasn't able to catch my attention from start and I didn't like that. Because I love, this series and its characters and I want to read more about them. I hope the next books will satisfy my curiosity and will not give me any chance to find any negative aspect

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“We don’t need a list of rights and wrongs, tables of dos and don’ts: We need books, time, and silence. Thou shalt not is soon forgotten, but Once upon a time lasts forever.” – Philip Pullman
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

I reviewed the first book in this series and I enjoyed it. It's a shame that the third book isn't as gripping as the first. I'm, however, glad to see that the author has introduced new characters that aren't present in the first book.
Durgeshwari Dolas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-durgeshwari-dolas.html
Latest Review: Cold Serial: The Jack the Strangler Murders by Brian E. Forschner

Post by Durgeshwari Dolas »

Fireside119 wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 10:32 I reviewed the first book in this series and I enjoyed it. It's a shame that the third book isn't as gripping as the first. I'm, however, glad to see that the author has introduced new characters that aren't present in the first book.
Well we have to agree he is good at creating characters. Thank you for your comment!!
“We don’t need a list of rights and wrongs, tables of dos and don’ts: We need books, time, and silence. Thou shalt not is soon forgotten, but Once upon a time lasts forever.” – Philip Pullman
The frant1c reader
Favorite Book: Crime and Punshment
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-frant1c-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by The frant1c reader »

I've read the first two books in the series and this review makes me think that the Voulhire world gets better with every installation. Thanks for such a good review
What do you despise? By this you are truly known....
~Dune.
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

I love your review of this book. It makes me want to read it. I have not read it but I will definitely read it now.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”