Review by Kaushiki Parihar -- We are Voulhire: A New Arr...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Review by Kaushiki Parihar -- We are Voulhire: A New Arr...

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is the opening book of We are Voulhire series, a mind-blowing science fiction, fantasy novel. The story is set in two worlds, the physical world known as the Cosmos, and the magic world, the Caromentis. Battles, corruption, legacy, politics, monarchy, conspiracy, rivalry, treachery, thieving, prostituting and most importantly the science and magic are the themes behind the tale.

The story centers on Galen Bray who has escaped from his war-torn country, the Lands of the Princes. He immigrated to the magnificent and terrifying kingdom of Voulhire to inherit his Uncle’s forge business. But ominous clouds of appalling darkness linger over this prosperous country. The evil and powerful mage Meldorath and the rebellious organization Riva Rohavi desperately want to destroy the kingdom. What adventures await Galen in this land unique to all the nations of the world? How will Galen settle in this new place? What will happen to Hillport and its new lord Eldus and his family? What are Meldorath’s evil plans against the country? Answers to these mysteries are held in the countless planes of this novel.

The author gave a beautiful description of the kingdom of Voulhire, its history, religion, culture, people, and cities which mesmerized me. He also presented a map and a glossary of the terms, concepts, and names unique to the Voulhire which helps in better comprehension of the fictional world. The splendid narration of events from different perspectives keeps me engaged and curious about the characters and the upcoming events in the story.

The book is filled with vivid and compelling characters. It is relaxing to see a naïve yet polite and ambitious character like Galen. Even the supporting characters are very well developed. The personalities and the emotions of all the characters are remarkably portrayed. Matthew Tysz concocted an intriguing story that was both plot-based and character-driven. I also want to highlight the steady pace of the story which gives you enough time to absorb all the details within you. The book was enthralling in the beginning but as the story unfolds, it ended with despairing suspense coercing you to pick up the second volume of the series.

I enjoyed the book right from the beginning till the end. There was not a single thing that I loathe in the novel. It is exceptionally well-edited. It has some mild borderline profanities, but it has no sexual content or whatsoever. I proudly give this book a perfect rating of four out of four stars. I highly recommend this book to the ones who genuinely like science fiction and magical fantasy of two worlds.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

I am not much into science fiction but hopefully gonna check this book and well descriptive review !
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 814
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

I've read this book and loved it. I liked how the author was able to create a fascinating new world with an equally fascinating cast of characters.
Thanks for this amazing review. :tiphat:
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

Mindful Wordsmith wrote: 21 Aug 2021, 07:44 I've read this book and loved it. I liked how the author was able to create a fascinating new world with an equally fascinating cast of characters.
Thanks for this amazing review. :tiphat:
I agree with you. I was bewitched by the world author created. Thankyou for replying.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

You invite science fiction, you invite me. This one seems great. I am definitely going to read this.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”