Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

Post by Valerie Garske »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer is a non-fiction Christian resource that provides lessons on how to discover and realize one's aspirations and ideals. Using Christian scripture to support the lessons, the book encourages the reader to contemplate each lesson and work through different activities to facilitate the thought process. The book is organized into separate lessons rather than chapters and does not have to be read sequentially. The first part focuses on defining your dream and the latter on actualizing your dream. If you are interested in a Christian perspective regarding personal strategies to help you discover and realize your potential, then you will enjoy the book. To get the most out of this resource, I believe it needs to be read from cover to cover and then re-read multiple times. Realizing the potential of this book will require significant time to work through the lessons step by step. Nevertheless, reflection and improving your relationship with God requires time and commitment. I read the book twice and the second time around, I discovered it to even more enlightening and empowering.

While the book has relatively few pages, there is a "try this" section that requires personal reflection at the end of each lesson. Mr. Meyer encourages the reader to reflect on scripture and to involve God in all aspects of our life. Consequently, this is an optimistic message about the process of realizing our dreams and how we must not only listen, trust, and envision but obey, persevere, and share.

I enjoyed the read and found the message to be encouraging. Furthermore, the worksheets are helpful if taken seriously. I suggest the reader exhaust the various resources provided to help evaluate their own talents and passions. We must not let fear constitute the reason for our regrets. What I like and appreciate about this book is that the message is challenging and thought-provoking. The book challenges the reader to consider their relationship with Jesus and permit themselves to dream. Moreover, the section on self-doubt resonated. While reading the book, I began to realize that the future is wide open and that self-doubt is holding me back.

What I did not like about the book was the ending. The book seemed to lack closure. I felt it lacked a final chapter to summarize the lessons and the message that we should not be afraid to dream and enlist God's help to give us direction and help us realize our dreams. Instead, there was a personal allegory about climbing a mountain in Colorado. It is possible I missed the connection, but to me, the ending was disjointed and incomplete.

Nevertheless, the majority of this book is rich in content and encourages the reader to use scripture to discern what is possible when they step outside their comfort zone and rely on God. God does not what us to fail or to fear. Upon completing the book, it becomes apparent that realizing our potential and maintaining a relationship with God is a life-long process. Indeed, this is both a well-written and well-edited book that can be used as an ongoing resource. With each read, it can help the reader replace bad habits with positive ones. This book encourages Christians to experience the life they imagine and to contemplate what they are passionate about. Consequently, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Post by Emily_Jen »

This piece by Jeff Meyer is a non-fiction Christian resource that provides lessons on how to discover and realize one's aspirations and ideals. I look forward to reading it. Thanks for the review.
Tamika Grant
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tamika Grant »

8) Fear not Dream Big by Jeff Meyer is an excellent book to have on your book shelf.Why should you consider this book? It depict real life. It allow you to look at oneself as having purpose for life and fulfiling that purpose. I love it .
Valerie Garske

Post by Valerie Garske »

Miriam nkere wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 03:10 Wow thanks for this wonderful review,i learned that everybody is born with a potential and for you to actualized it you must follow your own God given vision .
Thanks for reading and responding to my review
Valerie Garske

Post by Valerie Garske »

Emily_Jen wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 04:04 This piece by Jeff Meyer is a non-fiction Christian resource that provides lessons on how to discover and realize one's aspirations and ideals. I look forward to reading it. Thanks for the review.
Thanks for reading and your response

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”