Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Mutai Marshal »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

‘I dream of the day when I can give a bowl of rice to each citizen of China before they go to sleep.’ These are the famous resonating sentiments by Chairman Mao that Dr. Ghoulem Berrah, the author of A Dream For Peace, believes have driven China to be one of the most economically powerful nations globally. In other words, servant leadership can propel a country toward achieving greatness.

Berrah was born and raised in Algeria. His mother passionately loved him and ensured that he lacked nothing. Despite uneducated, she ensured that her son worked extra hard to memorize any forms of writing, such as the Quran and school work. This laid a concrete foundation for the young man, who eventually earned a slot to study in a French school. Algeria, during this time, was under the tutelage of France. Her citizens were under immense forms of discrimination like other countries in the African continent during colonial annexation. Berrah met like-minded individuals in Bordeaux. United, they forged alliances and organized strikes aimed at forcing colonialists out of their home countries. Such acts had detrimental effects as they led to mass annihilations and illegal incarcerations. In the thick of all the innuendos, Berrah relentlessly fought for the harmonious society that he envisioned.

What I loved most about this book is the spectrum of issues that it brings to life. Politics, science, religion, and marriage are some of the fleshed-out themes. I was amazed by how Dr. Ghoulem Berrah struck a balance in his life that revolved around the themes stated. He placed a temporary hold on political revolution to venture into science in the United States of America. He discovered the selective inhibition of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria in DNA synthesis. I adored Berrah’s valiance and astuteness. These attributes drove him to heights he never anticipated in academic excellence. I appreciated the incorporation of the Israeli-Palestine conflict and the clamor for independence in other countries. Again, the diversity in cultures further spiced up this read. The dressing code and diet among the people in Yamoussoukro appealed to me the most. The chronological organization of events made it easy for me to follow up. Graphical presentations used make the book memorable and give a stamp of authenticity to the information.

The length of the book is the only thing that I did not relish. Therefore, I felt simplifying the information into two or three volumes was necessary to avoid weariness while reading. There is no other attribute that did not go well with me other than this.

I wholeheartedly rate A Dream For Peace four out of four stars based on the positive aspects. The size of the book is a personal preference, and it does not warrant a point deduction. It is educative, inspirational, and entertaining to read.

I recommend this book to history lovers. It discusses crucial dynamics in politics at length. Science students and memoir enthusiasts will also benefit from reading it. Lastly, this read seems professionally edited since I noticed three grammatical errors, which I believe are not part of the writing style. They are minor mistakes that did not influence the flow of the book.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Cesyao
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cesyao.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Cesyao »

This novel serves as a poignant reminder that peace is not just an abstract concept but a tangible goal worth pursuing.
Elvischukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvischukwu.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Elvischukwu »

Dr. Berrah Ghoulem's novel is a rallying cry for compassion, reminding us of the power of small acts of kindness in fostering peace.
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

The book sheds light on the impact of French colonialism on Algerian society, addressing the long-lasting effects and the legacy that still resonates today.
Adewakun Akinwalere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adewakun-akinwalere.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Adewakun Akinwalere »

This book taught me about Algerians independence and colonialism. it was a worthwhile experience.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”