Review of Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Review of Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature" by Chet Shupe.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered about the true meaning of life? Do you force yourself to do things you don’t feel like doing? If so, then this is the perfect book for you. Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature is a thought-provoking non-fictional work written by Chet Shupe that discusses the true self of human nature before the civilized paradigm replaced the natural order of life.

This book tells the truth about what humans need to be happy, and how our civilized way of life with proper education has created a complex framework of rules, laws, and contracts, which is the ultimate reason for human suffering. The author believes that sisterly and brotherly love, spiritual freedom, spiritual trust, and interdependence on each other are the only path that will return us to our real spiritual homes.

I loved the author’s articulate writing style and colloquial tone. He supports his statements with prominent examples and various human situations. I enjoyed his use of metaphors. For instance, he confronts human’s obsession in limitless growth (for information, technology, control, and accomplishments) with Cancer, an entity that can't stop growing. The author used citations from other influential books of renowned writers and referenced interviews of celebrities to elaborate his aspects more clearly, which shows his hard work and dedication. The book contains many heart-warming messages and quotes. One of my favorite quotes from the book is “Take care of one another, now. Let the future take care of itself.”

I appreciate how all the chapters were relevant and concise. I particularly liked the part that describes how profoundly soldiers are affected by the intimacy of wartime experiences. Another resonating chapter was about sisterhood and the power of feminine emotional intelligence. Shupe wonderfully elucidates the connection between the feelings, subconscious and conscious mind, emotional intelligence, and the innate wisdom of our souls which guides human nature and his behavior. He feels there is an enormous tension between our two selves—one who lives in the moment, the other who only lives for the future. The author convinces the human race that recognizing, and accepting our true nature as human beings will help us to break out of this civilized paradigm.

He briefly and comprehensively summarized the book with a coda on the Coronavirus, a glossary, and a table comparing realities. In my opinion, this whole review is not enough to explain what a tremendous job Shupe did writing the book. I did not find it boring at all. I felt immense calmness and contentment reading it.

There’s absolutely nothing I disliked about the book. It is proficiently well-edited as I did not find any errors. Therefore, I proudly rate Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature four out of four stars. Lastly, I would recommend this book to everyone as it is devoid of any profanity. However, this book will be best suited to the ones interested in spirituality and curious to know more about natural human behavior.

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

This book is an eye-opener. It questions everything that we know today about society, laws and rules and makes one realize the importance of listening to one's soul. Thanks for the beautiful review.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

I have read this book and found it pretty interesting. The facts which are mentioned by the author shows the deep study of human history and behavior. Your review covers all the topic very well.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
mohamed benziane
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mohamed-benziane.html
Latest Review: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life by Lewis Kempfer
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by mohamed benziane »

Very well written review, even though I am reading the book currently, your review made me want to finish it.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

mohamed benziane wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 05:57 Very well written review, even though I am reading the book currently, your review made me want to finish it.
I'm glad to know that you want to finish reading the book. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.😄
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

Wow. Your review shows the power of different perspectives. You loved this book and gave it 4 stars, whereas I gave it 2 stars in my review. Well, to each one their own. Thank for the honest review.
Prarthna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prarthna.html
Latest Review: The Farmer by Sam Braidwood

Post by Prarthna »

This seems to be a thought-provoking and enlightening book. I think I will give this book a try as I am curious to know more about human nature and behaviour. Thanks for your wonderful review.
Satwik Mohanty
Favorite Author: H.P. Lovecraft
Favorite Book: My Living Will
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-satwik-mohanty.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 6063

Post by Satwik Mohanty »

There were some really good arguments raised in the book. But it had some which were flimsy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”