Review of How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nathaniel Owolabi
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-owolabi.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of How To Be Successful

Post by Nathaniel Owolabi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How to be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy is a book well described by its title. It is a motivational and inspirational book that describes the steps everyone has to take to become successful.

In this book, the author asks certain questions from several people he considers successful and their answers show just how they came to become successful and how they are maintaining their success status. It educates the readers on the level of discipline required to become successful and encourages other similar success traits.

This book is also the story of a man who suffered through illness and very low points in life to become a very successful entrepreneur through hard work and determination. It shows us his struggles, what inspires him, and other must-know information about how he got to where he is now despite all odds being turned against him. This book encourages physical, mental, and spiritual wellness; in the author’s opinion, these things are very important in the lives of people who aspire to be successful. The author also emphasizes entrepreneurship, making valuable friends, and working on your excesses.

This book is full of insights and information on how to forge a path towards success and to mention all of these facts in this summary will make the summary a little too long.

Although success is a feat that can only be achieved through hard work, motivation, and other winning traits, this book certainly points you in the right direction.

M. Curtis McCoy did a very good job with this book. He is a great writer. I seldom finish reading motivational books but this book was impossible to put down. It kept informing me with ways to set myself on a part to success and self-actualization right to the end. The content of this book is very informing and opens the readers’ minds to other ways of thinking, hence, inspiring the readers to scrutinize their current lifestyle and seriously consider improving on aspects where they are not at their best. The road to success is a dirt road full of potholes, so who better to lead people through than someone who has seen it all. Curtis uses his experiences and that of other successful people as motivation to push his readers towards greatness. As far as motivational books go, this book certainly has my vote.

How to be Successful is a total success and has very few drawbacks, but I would mention one. In chapter 22- Interview with Nathan Schulhof- I felt the answers to the interview questions were sometimes a little too sharp and not explanatory enough. The interview does not measure up to the other interviews documented in the book.

As I earlier said, this book is a total success, however, it was not as well edited as it was well written; for this reason, I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to anyone trying to improve on his mindset and lifestyle and get on the path to success.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tohsin
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Tohsin »

This review gives a well detailed picture of the whole, the reviewer did a very good and thanks to the Writer for giving such an amazing piece of work.
Oye Timothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oye-timothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Oye Timothy »

To be successful, some sacrifices have to be made. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”