Review of How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily Burrow
Currently Reading: A Deal with the Elf King
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-burrow.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review of How To Be Successful

Post by Emily Burrow »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How to be Successful: Think Like A Leader by M. Curtis McCoy is a self improvement, self-help book. This book gives real life scenarios that the author himself has encountered, along with interviews and conversations from other hard working successes. Many sections include business advice, personal improvement and prioritization.

Throughout this book the 27 year old entrepreneur and influencer tells his story on how hitting rock bottom never stopped him from reaching the top. McCoy was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2010 becoming unable to do many everyday activities he used to do. Although not giving up his family took him to Tijuana, Mexico for further treatment and he began his journey to success.

Within this journey of improvement, they’re many interviews McCoy conducted asking successful people what success means to them and how they define their life now. From stating their greatest strengths and how that impacted their success, to weaknesses and personal character flaws, they give their personal experiences and show insight on their lives and how they became the successes they are today. Throughout reading, I found my self rewording the questions to fit me and my lifestyle and it honestly helped clear my mind and insecurities.

I enjoyed the many interviews throughout this book and all the inspirational quotes and advice. I haven’t read many self-help books but I’d have to say this is one of my favorites, it was very well written and easy to navigate throughout the different sections. There were many mentions of Christian faith and tons of Bible verses expressing his belief through the entire book. Although some of the advice is a bit derogatory and might not fit some ways of living, the advice and guidance given is very informative for current or future business entrepreneurs or people looking for self success improvement.

I give this book an overall 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this to any aspiring entrepreneurs or people looking for success life advice. There are few mentions of vulgar words although they are censored. This success journey was an empowering, short and easy read for any to enjoy and get guidance from.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 814
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

The lessons this book teaches are immensely valuable. And I'll honour what the author has asked the readers to do and read this book again.
Thanks for this thorough and wonderful review :tiphat:
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”