Review of Underdog Thinking

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Poojitha Borra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poojitha-borra.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review of Underdog Thinking

Post by Poojitha Borra »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Underdog Thinking" by Atul Vir.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many flow with the force of stream when it comes to choosing a career since it's safe and there is less unknown. Very few go against the flow, and further, emerge victoriously. Underdog Thinking is one such story that belongs to the latter. The story is about Atul Vir, the writer himself. Despite coming from a strict and structured family background in India he turned the tables and this is his journey to entrepreneurship. Odyssey of different cultures, "never give up" motto, being blindsided, and rising from the ashes. A very raw and genuine story facing the turbulence of entrepreneurship head-on.

This book made me experience the vibrant culture of several different countries like Africa and China to name a few, through their way of doing business and how important it is for the business functioning as well. Getting insight into Atul's business from humble beginnings by a powerful thought, keen observation, necessity, promptness, and pursuit of perfection is inspiring and moving in many ways. I am surprised by the amount of engineering and heavy lifting that goes into making a combo washing machine and what it takes to bring a product from idea to shelf. I have found newfound respect for every electrical appliance. I learned several life lessons that have been beautifully laid throughout the book as one follows along his journey.

In terms of narration, characters, and writing, there is little to criticize here. Personally, would have liked to know how Atul's wife and children coped during difficult times and their thought processes. As a curious person, I would have liked to know elaborately the reasoning behind the decisions taken, such as not looking for a better manufacturer quickly.

The way the chapters are structured is nice and adorned with catchy well-thought-out headings. This book reading felt like an amazing rollercoaster ride filled with highs, lows, and obstacles. The experiences narrated have valuable wisdom. In the true sense, anything that's forever constant is "change" itself, and continuous innovation is the only way for any industry to thrive. There was never a dull moment in the book. I got a lot of insight into the cold business world, how deals are made and how loyalty is not easy to forge between people. I am elated to give this book a well-deserved 4 out of 4 stars.

There is no profanity in the book and is exceptionally well-edited. For people who are into entrepreneurship, business in general, personality development, looking for an inspiring or a great come back story to read, this book has you covered.

Underdog Thinking
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
sharon titus
Currently Reading: Her Eyes Underwater
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-titus.html
Latest Review: My Only Sunshine by Lou Dischler

Post by sharon titus »

Thank you for your valuable review. I would add this book to my shelf.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Interesting that there are several different countries here. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. Thanks for the insightful review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

A few countries mixed together in a book seem interesting. Great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”