Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Over time, after reading my Bible, a lot of questions have popped up in my head. Most of them revolve around the exact time all the events recorded happened and how they were preserved and retained till the time the Bible was compiled.

The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon did great justice to clear my confusion on the time of creation by linking scientific facts with biblical timing. It also went ahead to link the activities of creation, especially the events of the six days of creation with the end of days. The fact that the author put in enough time to research these events by studying the works of Jewish Rabbis like Isaac ben Samuel, Aryen Kaplan, Isaac Luria who was later recognized as the father of Kabbalah and more like them awed me. According to Isaac ben Samuel, the exact age of the universe should be kept a secret.

The whole book was inspired by the intention of the authors to predict the end of days. They believed finding out the exact age of the universe would go a long way to help them. Like I said earlier, the book unravelled so many questions that surround the story of creation. They were successful at estimating the exact age of the universe and were able to predict the range of the end of days. I would say this book served as a preliminary stage for their other books about the end of the days.

The inclusion of real-life events in the authors' lives boosted the credibility of the book, made it more interesting and added suspense. This made the book a hard-to-put-down piece for me. The book is also well structured. The inclusion of diagrams, pictures and maps presented the book with an air of clarity. It drew me closer and made it relatable. However, I wasn’t so comfortable with the fact that the report's timeline was not in order. Even though it did not confuse me, some other readers (who are not like me) could easily get confused and drop the book eventually.

Apart from the irregular chronological arrangements, I found nothing to dislike about the book. The book is exceptionally edited; I found no errors in it. I will rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. The authors did great with their research and this has addressed a lot of confusions in their readers as regards the relationship between science and the Bible. It made it very clear that science and the Bible complement each other.

I will recommend the book to those who are confused about creationism like me. They might find the book helpful. Likewise, I will recommend it to people who are open to learning new things capable of enhancing their faith. Personally, I’ve learnt the three states that can bring us closer to God - “devotion through utter mental concentration on the infinite divinity; indifference to earthly existence; and mental solitude from everything except the divine.”(page 8 chapter 1 part 1, The Biblical Clock)

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I too found this a very informative read. The diagrams, pictures and maps were very helpful. Thank you for your thoughtful review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
NISSE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisse.html
Latest Review: Insights for Coaching Leaders beyond 2021 by Jill Flynn

Post by NISSE »

I have read and reviewed the book and I completely agree that the readers will be able to learn lot of new things by reading this book. Thank you for a great review!
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

lumenchristi wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 15:49 [Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Over time, after reading my Bible, a lot of questions have popped up in my head. Most of them revolve around the exact time all the events recorded happened and how they were preserved and retained till the time the Bible was compiled.

The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon did great justice to clear my confusion on the time of creation by linking scientific facts with biblical timing. It also went ahead to link the activities of creation, especially the events of the six days of creation with the end of days. The fact that the author put in enough time to research these events by studying the works of Jewish Rabbis like Isaac ben Samuel, Aryen Kaplan, Isaac Luria who was later recognized as the father of Kabbalah and more like them awed me. According to Isaac ben Samuel, the exact age of the universe should be kept a secret.

The whole book was inspired by the intention of the authors to predict the end of days. They believed finding out the exact age of the universe would go a long way to help them. Like I said earlier, the book unravelled so many questions that surround the story of creation. They were successful at estimating the exact age of the universe and were able to predict the range of the end of days. I would say this book served as a preliminary stage for their other books about the end of the days.

The inclusion of real-life events in the authors' lives boosted the credibility of the book, made it more interesting and added suspense. This made the book a hard-to-put-down piece for me. The book is also well structured. The inclusion of diagrams, pictures and maps presented the book with an air of clarity. It drew me closer and made it relatable. However, I wasn’t so comfortable with the fact that the report's timeline was not in order. Even though it did not confuse me, some other readers (who are not like me) could easily get confused and drop the book eventually.

Apart from the irregular chronological arrangements, I found nothing to dislike about the book. The book is exceptionally edited; I found no errors in it. I will rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. The authors did great with their research and this has addressed a lot of confusions in their readers as regards the relationship between science and the Bible. It made it very clear that science and the Bible complement each other.

I will recommend the book to those who are confused about creationism like me. They might find the book helpful. Likewise, I will recommend it to people who are open to learning new things capable of enhancing their faith. Personally, I’ve learnt the three states that can bring us closer to God - “devotion through utter mental concentration on the infinite divinity; indifference to earthly existence; and mental solitude from everything except the divine.”(page 8 chapter 1 part 1, The Biblical Clock)

The Biblical Clock
I enjoyed reading your review.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

ROSEYANN wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 12:29
lumenchristi wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 15:49 [Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock
I enjoyed reading your review.
thαnk чσu ѕσ much. í αm glαd чσu fínd thє rєvíєw єnjσчαвlє.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”