Review of Last Dance

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-fabro.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Review of Last Dance

Post by Hannah Fabro »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Last Dance" by Stephen Manning.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Family could be one's source of strength. Sometimes, family could be a person's weak spot. But Stephen Manning writes his experience how does his family became his source of strength and at the same time his weak spot on his book Last Dance.

Stephen Manning's Last Dance is about his family's journey. The book started lightly as he narrates his love story with Mary Ann. I's a typical love story that I can say, most of us can relate. But later on, when they have to deal with ups and downs of life, the story starts to be heavy. He includes how they've dealt with opportunities, and successes life has to offer and how they faced some significant tragedies they encountered. The author highlighted how good his wife is as a mother until the very end when Mary Ann had her very last dance on their son's wedding day.

This book is not just about their sorrows and pain. The author's sense of humor balanced the entire book; it's not too dramatic but still has drama.

The flow of the book goes smoothly as the author described it vividly. The way he gave details in each scenario is precise and easy to comprehend. That's why when he throws a simple joke, smile will plaster on your face. But when he narrates a heavy situation, you'll be put in tears.

I enjoyed reading this book because of its positive aspects. As mentioned, the author put this book in simple words, so everyone will easily understand it, that's just thoughtful of him. The author sprinkled his book with life lessons that everyone could relate to. There's so much to learn in this book, especially when it comes to family.

Another thing I enjoyed reading was how their family dealt with life's ups and down without tearing apart. That's what family are for, sticking together even though sometimes life is trying to tear them apart.

The author failed to give negative aspects for this book. It's written professionally and well-edited. Maybe because he dedicates this book to his lovely wife that's why he put big efforts while writing this book. And with that being stated, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

I have a feeling that readers who are into trage-comedic will appreciate this book. And if you love reading books that give you a roller coaster rides of emotion, this book is highly recommended.

Last Dance
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think the book emphasizes family values. I like that, in addition to the difficult topic in the book, there is also room for humor.
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Hannah Fabro »

markodim721 wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 23:22 I think the book emphasizes family values. I like that, in addition to the difficult topic in the book, there is also room for humor.
A family-oriented man will definitely love this book. Thank you for stopping by.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

An emotional book like this that teaches the importance of family, love, tragedies, opportunities, and successes sound like a heartwarming read. Thanks for writing a good review on it!
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

Family can definitely be both your strength and weakness. Thank you for the thorough review!
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I like the type of story that starts off casual and then surprises you out of nowhere. Thanks for the review!
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Hannah Fabro »

SamaylaM wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 07:09 An emotional book like this that teaches the importance of family, love, tragedies, opportunities, and successes sound like a heartwarming read. Thanks for writing a good review on it!
A heartwarming read that will definitely put you in tears. Thank you for stopping by.
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Hannah Fabro »

smolbird wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 08:05 Family can definitely be both your strength and weakness. Thank you for the thorough review!
That's what families are for. Thanks for stopping by.
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Hannah Fabro »

PeterRabitt20 wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 12:04 I like the type of story that starts off casual and then surprises you out of nowhere. Thanks for the review!
Those surprise will definitely make you cry. Thanks for stopping by.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Hannah Fabro wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 00:55 [Following is a volunteer review of "Last Dance" by Stephen Manning.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Family could be one's source of strength. Sometimes, family could be a person's weak spot. But Stephen Manning writes his experience how does his family became his source of strength and at the same time his weak spot on his book Last Dance.

Stephen Manning's Last Dance is about his family's journey. The book started lightly as he narrates his love story with Mary Ann. I's a typical love story that I can say, most of us can relate. But later on, when they have to deal with ups and downs of life, the story starts to be heavy. He includes how they've dealt with opportunities, and successes life has to offer and how they faced some significant tragedies they encountered. The author highlighted how good his wife is as a mother until the very end when Mary Ann had her very last dance on their son's wedding day.

This book is not just about their sorrows and pain. The author's sense of humor balanced the entire book; it's not too dramatic but still has drama.

The flow of the book goes smoothly as the author described it vividly. The way he gave details in each scenario is precise and easy to comprehend. That's why when he throws a simple joke, smile will plaster on your face. But when he narrates a heavy situation, you'll be put in tears.

I enjoyed reading this book because of its positive aspects. As mentioned, the author put this book in simple words, so everyone will easily understand it, that's just thoughtful of him. The author sprinkled his book with life lessons that everyone could relate to. There's so much to learn in this book, especially when it comes to family.

Another thing I enjoyed reading was how their family dealt with life's ups and down without tearing apart. That's what family are for, sticking together even though sometimes life is trying to tear them apart.

The author failed to give negative aspects for this book. It's written professionally and well-edited. Maybe because he dedicates this book to his lovely wife that's why he put big efforts while writing this book. And with that being stated, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

I have a feeling that readers who are into trage-comedic will appreciate this book. And if you love reading books that give you a roller coaster rides of emotion, this book is highly recommended.

Last Dance
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
I enjoyed reading your review!!
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

This seems like a simple yet beautiful story filled with many heart-warming moments.
Thank you for your review.
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I’m not a fan of love stories, but since this book includes family’s journey, I can give it a shot. Thanks for your brilliant review.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 343
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

This book is a beautiful love letter from a husband to his wife and something that his children can cherish. I love the title, too.
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

Family is never a weakness, only strength. The importance of a family can never be underestimated, this also includes a non-traditional one, where we don't necessarily choose who to have as family, but we care about them nonetheless. A truly endearing review about a husband's love for his wife. Such fine work. 👏
If the heart is clear, it doesn't matter if there's a storm brewing in the sky.

- Bing Xin.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

So true about the emotional rollercoaster. I felt it myself when I read the book. And for days afterwards.

Lovely review
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”