Review of Awakening

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Akanksha Singh 9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akanksha-singh-9.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
Reading Device: B088P5V6XL

Review of Awakening

Post by Akanksha Singh 9 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Awakening" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Awakening by Tayma Tameem is a high fantasy novel. The book features two strong female protagonists who are bound to each other through blood. The book revolves around the two sisters Katja and Amara, who are destined to do something great, which they are yet not aware of. They are set on a quest to save their family, one another, and everyone else they love from the wrath of the Ice Queen, but the bigger question remains is who the Ice Queen is?

The book begins in the past with the King of the Kingdom Hale telling her four-year-old daughter Katja, the story of the spirits of the season. The story takes a leap when Amara is born, without crying, which only happens if the child itself is touched by the spirits of the season. The mage concludes that Amara is born with powers to control ice and is born only for greatness. As time passes by it becomes difficult for Amara to keep her powers in control, and the only person in the entire kingdom who understands her and helps her is no other than her sister Katja. Whereas in the present time, Katja finds herself completely new in the world with no recollection of where she is and who she is. She begins her journey to find out more about herself in a world that isn't familiar to her. She goes through the hardships of the common people to survive in a world that isn't as luxurious as her previous one.

The book taps on the idea of family and power. It shows the relationship that Katja and Amara shared with their parents which had its ups and downs. It shows the sisterly bond between them which only got stronger over time. Although Amara had a temper, her respect and love towards Katja were never affected by it. Although the book revolves around many different aspects of life, the best message I picked up from the book is that anguish and envious feeling toward others can cause the downfall of a person. Fear and anger are enough to ruin a person if not kept under control.

The book is written in a non-linear narrative, meaning that the story is written out of chronological order. The readers are constantly given flashbacks while also maintaining the present narrative effectively. The scenarios of the past and the present are befitting therefore it eradicates any chances of confusion regarding the storyline among the readers.

The author's writing style is complex, yet it's written in a manner that only enhances the experience of the readers. It is fast-paced yet informative enough to keep the readers on the edge. It’s also written from the perspective of the third person, which helps us understand every character's actions, emotions, and thoughts of every character in the book and helps us relate to the characters even more.

The best part about the book is that although the book is about the two sisters, the author fabricates an ideal storyline for the side characters, which gives them more depth and life. All the characters in the book are well developed from the start till the end. I can't honestly think about anything that I disliked about this book.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars read. The characters are lively; the author's writing style is eloquent and the story is very gripping. Also, I didn't find any noticeable errors or typos. Thus it is professionally edited. Therefore, a perfect rating.

I would highly recommend this book to people of all ages, who enjoy reading fantasy, thrillers, and drama, cause this book has it all. I hope you'll like this book as much as I did.

Awakening
View: on Bookshelves
Ad-4507
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ad-4507 »

Great!!! It'll helps me to understand more🙌🙌

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”