Review of Uncommon Poems Common People

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nathaniel Owolabi
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-owolabi.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of Uncommon Poems Common People

Post by Nathaniel Owolabi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Uncommon Poems Common People" by T.D. Kruser (Terry Kruser).]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Uncommon Poems Common People is a lovely book containing the compilation of poems for the readers' enjoyment. This book takes life experiences and real emotions and puts them into words as poems. It contains poems that narrate experiences which readers can relate to. It has some poems with really deep meaning and some that carry so many powerful emotions and could bring tears to the readers' eyes.

Uncommon Poems Common People could also serve as a type of life guide from which people can learn a thing or two; it could help many people trying to figure out life. It talks about love, friendship, loyalty, growth, memories, and more. When we speak of great poems, this book has a lot that would qualify for that category. It is an absolutely well-thought-out, and well-written poem compilation with an air of originality.

T.D. Kruser is an amazing writer when it comes to the writing of poems. After reading the entire book, and understanding the concept behind the poem compilation and how it was written- including why it was written in that manner and order- I have to call Kruser a genius (I do not mean that as a cliché). The poems were very relatable, some of them make you think about your own life situations- past or present. Although Kruser referred to himself or perhaps an imaginary character in the book when he used the words 'me' or 'I', the reader sometimes feels like the writer is referring to them; this could make the reader feel like they are the one feeling the emotion mentioned in that portion of the poem and that is one of the reasons I referred to Kruser as a genius.

This book is packed full of pros but it has one con (at least I consider it a con). Although the author explained his reason, I still feel the afterword should have been a foreword. I feel that would have increased the readers' interest while reading the book; it would have explained a lot too.

This book was an incredible read. I could sing T.D. Kruser's praise all day. He did a very good job with this book. For this reason, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I hope I can find more of this type of content from T.D. Kruser.

I recommend this book to readers who love to read poems. This book contains well-written poems, some of which could be written as lyrics to hit songs. If you are ever interested in reading poems, make sure you check out this book. It has everything you're looking for.

Uncommon Poems Common People
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

This sounds like an interesting collection. I have been reading poetry more often lately—maybe I’ll check out this book. Thank you for your recommendation! :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

This book sounds interesting. I love poems. I hope they rhyme though.
I am adding it to my collection.
Thanks for the amazing review.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think it’s great that readers can relate to the emotional component in the poems. Thanks for the good review.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

The fact that he can make the reader feel like they are personally involved in the poem says a lot about his ability as a poet. Unfortunately, poetry is not what I normally gravitate to. Thank you for a wonderful review!
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

I tend to prefer afterwords to forewords, as I just want the book to start. When reading for myself, I typically skip introductory material if it's long and doesn't seem particularly pertinent. Still, I understand why you'd feel differently.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

I am in love with the title of this book. I love a poem that can pull at at heartstrings and make me shed a tear or two. Excellent review
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

From your praises of this book, I can understand that this compilation narrates some great poems from experiences of different themes in life. I'd love to check it out sometime because the concept interests me. Thank you for putting up an honest and detailed review!
NISSE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisse.html
Latest Review: Insights for Coaching Leaders beyond 2021 by Jill Flynn

Post by NISSE »

This is a great review! Seems like you have enjoyed the book pretty much.I too currently reading a book including poems.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

With my new found love for poetry, I am sure this one would be worth the read, considering your insightful review. Thanks for the recommendation.
Oye Timothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oye-timothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Oye Timothy »

I'm not a fan of poems and poetry. I guess poems' lover will find this handy. Thanks for the review.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

Nothing is more satisfying than a good poem that will hit you so deep it will make you sober and it will make you cry as you relate to it with your whole being. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”