Review of How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Review of How To Be Successful

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How To Be Successful : Think Like A Leader by M. Curtis McCoy is a motivational and inspiring self-help book for those who want to be successful in their personal and professional life.

At the beginning of this book, we get to know how the author has achieved great success at the young age of 27. Even though, being an entrepreneur, business development expert, keynote speaker and influencer, his life always has drastic ups and downs from the very young age. Being only 27 months old, author was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes and in 2010 he was diagnosed with brain cancer. In 2010 doctors gave him only 60–90 days to live. But because of his tremendous will power, he survived.

The book consists of 15-line questionnaire asked 8 successful people from their respective professional fields. Each interviewed person has his/her unique and inspiring answers based on their life experiences. Apart from this, the book has separate chapters including tips and tricks to achieve success in both professional and personal life. My personal favorite chapters were, ‘Practice delayed gratification,’ ‘Teach people how to treat you,’ and ‘Don't let talent be your handicap.’

Things I really enjoyed were, that there are many quotes and Bible references throughout this whole book. I found all quotes inspiring, but my favorites are, “It’s impossible to notice how blessed you are if you are always focusing on your weaknesses and obstacles” by Edmond Mbiaka, and the another one is “Don’t claim your trophy before you earn it, or else you’ll stop working for it” by Jeff Wobig (US Navy SEAL sniper). This book consists of only 174 pages and anyone can complete it in a single sitting. The knowledge shared in this book is realistic and achievable. The another best thing is the author has simple writing style which lead me to read this book even faster. I didn't find even a single grammatical or typing errors while reading, I found this book well edited.

There is nothing I don't like about this book. But in one interview, the interviewed person stated that, “You don’t have to believe in Jesus Christ to own or operate a business. But, to be hugely successful in any business, you must do what Jesus taught!” this might disturb few readers beliefs, who follow different respective religions and who are atheist. In this book, there are many Bible references and I loved reading them all, I don't have any problem from them.

Because of all the aspects I stated above, I am rating this book with 4 out of 4 stars. As I enjoyed reading the author writing style and even though it was a quick read, I learned many inspiring and life-changing lessons throughout this book.

I would like to recommend this book to the people who want to achieve success and leadership in their lives. I would like to recommend this book to young readers too, as it might teach them the importance of being an optimistic person and to never lose hope in their life.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

Post by Eutoc »

Everyone who's read this book loved it. I guess it's high time I picked a copy. Your review is so detailed and appealing to the reader. Thanks
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

Eutoc wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 03:18 Everyone who's read this book loved it. I guess it's high time I picked a copy. Your review is so detailed and appealing to the reader. Thanks
Yes, you will not get disappoint after picking this book. I hope you will love all the tips and tricks mentioned in this book. Thank you for stopping by Eutoc, keep supporting.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

I like that you included a recommendation for young people. They could certainly use some optimism in their lives right now.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

diana lowery wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 16:20 I like that you included a recommendation for young people. They could certainly use some optimism in their lives right now.
Yes ma'am, nowadays we young generation easily get depress on silly things. Thank you ma'am for stopping by, you comment mean a lot!!
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 489
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

I'm glad you enjoyed this book so much, and I liked the quotes you included. I agree with your point that not everyone reading the book will share the author's religious views.

Thank you for your informative review.
😊
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:

Josephe-Anne wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 22:35 I'm glad you enjoyed this book so much, and I liked the quotes you included. I agree with your point that not everyone reading the book will share the author's religious views.

Thank you for your informative review.
😊
Yes, all the quotes were really amazing. I thought that particular statement might disturb few people reading experience. Thank you so much for your kind words and for stopping by Josephe Anne, keep supporting!!😊
Satwik Mohanty
Favorite Author: H.P. Lovecraft
Favorite Book: My Living Will
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-satwik-mohanty.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 6063

Post by Satwik Mohanty »

I'm not a religious person but the quotes and concepts given in the book were truly inspirational!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”