Review of Love, Grandma

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Review of Love, Grandma

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love, Grandma" by Ann Morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A garden of love grows in a grandmother's heart. Love, Grandma by Ann Morris is a children's storybook that emphasizes grandma's relationship with her two granddaughters, Payton and Haley.

The author wrote this book based on her childhood memories with her grandchildren. The girls spent their time doing fun activities with their grandmother like pony riding, painting nails, styling hair, building tent houses, playing kitchen, serving tea, and other fun stuff. Each page describes a new unique activity. It beautifully portrays the grandmother's eternal love and affection towards her children. The book is full of endless love and beautiful childhood memories.

My favorite thing about the book was the splendid illustrations by David Gnass. They were vibrant, cheerful, and filled with positive energy. The other noteworthy thing was that the drawings were neither too childish nor too mature. It was lovely to see the two granddaughters play with their grandmother filling readers with warmth and love. Not only the textual content was brief but also consistent with the illustrations.

The book offers a sense of joy that causes readers to reminisce about their childhood memories with their parents and grandparents. I liked the author's emphatic writing style. I appreciate her decision of giving a rhythmic touch to the story as children learn poems with pictures faster. This book will help develop emotional intelligence in kids. Although, there were some tongue twisters in the book that will be difficult for kids to read. Therefore, needing help from teachers or parents.

There was nothing that I disliked in the book. I did not find any errors in it. Therefore, the book seems to be proficiently well-edited. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I have no reason to deduct any star. This storybook will be best suitable for elementary school kids of age 4 to 9 years. This book will encourage children to grow their bond strong with their family. I will also recommend this book to parents who want to tell their kids stories of their grandparents.

Love, Grandma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

It's great that the book is full of great illustrations that complement it. Thanks for the good review.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

The book has such a cute and endearing theme. Nothing is comparable to a Grandmother's love and affection. I would love to read this book. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Ruchi Raina wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 06:05 The book has such a cute and endearing theme. Nothing is comparable to a Grandmother's love and affection. I would love to read this book. Thanks for the wonderful review.
You will get nostalgic for sure while reading. Thanks for the comment.
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

I enjoy reading children's books occasionally, especially if they have a family oriented theme. Your review describes the book beautifully. Thank you.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I too have read and reviewed this book. I think is a great children’s. Wonderful review!
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

:D I'm happy to find another reader who enjoyed this book. Gnass' illustrations were so mesmerizing. Thanks for the great review!
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Pilgrim Bride by Pilar Cerón Durán

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

I find the topic of this book to be really heart-warming, and I think it's great that it is emphasising the importance of grandparents during our childhood and the joy that they bring. Thank you very much for the recommendation!
Maliha Naveed
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Tales from the Grey Area
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maliha-naveed.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by Maliha Naveed »

My both grandmothers died before I was born. This review makes me yearn their company and affection. I would definitely love to read this book. Excellent review.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Michelle Menezes wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 00:42 I enjoy reading children's books occasionally, especially if they have a family oriented theme. Your review describes the book beautifully. Thank you.
Thank you for the comment. Please keep supporting.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

markodim721 wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 12:29 It's great that the book is full of great illustrations that complement it. Thanks for the good review.
Yes, this storybook was truly a delightful read. Thanks for replying. Keep supporting markodim.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

I enjoy reading childern stories and the illustrations in it encourage the children to read this book. Thank you for the well descriptive and beautiful review
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I have reviewed this book as well and I completely agree with you. This book is a really great one in the children's genre. I loved the illustrations. Thanks for the review.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I feel like this is such a comforting book. I hope it will comfort me and remind me of how my grandma loves me very much. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”