Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan is a nonfiction book written by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon. An informative read, it attempts to ascertain the age of the universe and makes conjectures about the end of existence, tying together religion and science from preexisting data and Friedmann’s own ‘biblical clock.’

A story that takes readers to a bygone era, then to a possible future while making trips in between, it combines the findings of rabbis, scientists, soldiers, and more to determine the impossible. Across time, men have dreamt up or calculated dates for the beginning and the end of the universe based on prophecies or their own observations. They have made predictions using interpretations of scriptural readings and theoretical data, inevitably being proven wrong with the passage of time. Friedmann labels these instances as critical periods. In his book, he tries to align significant patterns in human history with the Divine Plan. His calculations are predicated on a biblical clock formula, a tool of Friedmann’s own making. With supportive elements by way of tabular data, scrolls, notes, and relevant images, this book promises to be a fascinating read.

I loved the analytical components of this book. Most of the arguments required some intense following along so as not to be confused, but patiently going over them was so worth it. Familiar names cropped up, such as Sir Isaac Newton and Isaac Luria, and Friedmann’s inclusion of several stories about their lives and his own was a nice touch. The most interesting piece of information I took away from this book relates to the associating of ‘God time’ with ‘human time’ – an idea that holds some similarity to the concept that a thousand years as we measure it is merely a day to God – and I had a great time learning other concepts.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. What information that was strange or new to me had explanations and background by way of helpful appendices and a glossary of terms. These are particularly of note, especially as they are worth approximately forty percent of the book. The only drawback of this is that, in its digital format, I could easily navigate to the glossary but could not return to my reading location due to unidirectional hyperlinks, something that would facilitate ease of reading. This issue could be overcome with a physical copy of the book by inserting a trusty thumb in between the pages or by using a bookmark, though not so with the eBook. This is my one, minor complaint.

This book builds upon the assumption that there exist commonalities between religion and science. Its entire aim is to provide a definite linking of the two. It seems that it is targeted to those who have some belief in not just one belief system but both, as well as those who are attempting to or are interested in the compatibility between them.

I was satisfied with the writing standard of this book. I found little to no errors, and what few I did find were on the barely noticeable side. Because of this, I assume that this book has been professionally edited. As for profane or mature content, I saw no evidence of either. As this book’s primary message is a union of belief and theory, I should state that there are some arguments that not all readers may agree with, religious, scientific, or otherwise.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The superb quality of writing, the delivery of points, and the cohesion and clarity of the entire book make for a perfect rating. I would recommend this book to individuals struggling with the reconciliation of biblical events and predictions with scientific theories. I do not think that people who hold no religious faith would greatly enjoy this book.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

This will hopefully clear up some questions about some issues in the bible. Thanks for your review.
Eluzu Kaburu
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Eluzu Kaburu »

Great insights, I must read the book. I have always believed that science is a facet or an unexplored crevice of the mystical Bible*.
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

This definitely answers a lot of questions from the bible and hopefully this reveals to people the ultimate secret of the universe. The relation of science and religion combined to overall explore the mysteries of the bible is magnificent.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”