Review of Love, Grandma

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Akshi Porwal
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshi-porwal.html
Latest Review: The Heat Is On by Afzal (Al) Sovani

Review of Love, Grandma

Post by Akshi Porwal »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love, Grandma" by Ann Morris.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love, Grandma is a short picture book written in the form of a poem. Ann Morris, the writer has dedicated the book to her two granddaughters, Payton, and Haley. The book looks at the juvenile but adorable activities of two young girls through the adoring eyes of a grandmother. The story tells of ordinary children performing ordinary activities like dressing up in their grandma’s clothes, building makeshift tents, playing games, etc. But these ordinary activities seem extraordinary in grandma’s eyes because of her everlasting love for her granddaughters. The book also features beautiful illustrations by David Gnass.

The book has many positive aspects. It aptly describes the unconditional and omnipresent love of a grandmother towards her grandchildren. The book features a very beautiful portrayal of how a grandmother forever cherishes even the minutest moments with her granddaughters. The illustrations too are very pleasing and would keep the children engaged. The said illustrations are very bright and pleasing, just like how kids would enjoy.

Love, Grandma has its merits but also some demerits. The book, in essence, is just a long poem, which is not something a kid would like to read over and over again. The story could have been more interesting if more time was focussed on particular instances instead of just vague moments.

In all, I would give Love, Grandma 3 out of 4 stars. I would have given it a perfect score if only the book was a little more descriptive. Apart from that, the book was a light and adorable read. The book seems to be exceptionally well-edited for I could find no grammatical mistake or typo.

I would recommend this book for toddlers and very young children. I would not suggest it for anyone above the age of a toddler. It would be perfect for a bedtime read or for gifting to either your grandchild or your grandparent.

Love, Grandma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

Although this book is recommended for a young audience, I think it would be a fun read for everyone. Excellent review
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Pilgrim Bride by Pilar Cerón Durán

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

Sounds like a cute book for grandparents to bond with their grandchildren. Thank you very much for the recommendation!
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

Sounds like a simple and smile worthy book, would definitely like to check it out. Thanks for the amazing review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”