Review of Living Forward After Loss

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Re: Review of Living Forward After Loss

Post by Unosthetic »

Muskan Upadhyaya wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 22:47 In this pandemic period I hope this book helps a lot of people to move on in their life.
Thank you for the beautiful review.
You're right, we all hope that despite the pandemic, there are still people who want to help others. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

Wesusa wrote: 21 Aug 2021, 15:53 Great Review! I love these kinds of books designed to help others.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with regard to the book and my review!
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

Ruchi Raina wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 18:02 This book seems very inspiring. It's a great self-help book for people going through the loss of someone close. It's easier to relate to someone who has gone through what you have. Thanks for the great review.
The fact that there is a book that contains the same grief you had is so inspiring. Thanks for your thoughts.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Losing your better half must be devastating. I am glad the author has moved on and found bliss again.
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Reader-247 »

Maybe writing about the loss was also a form of moving foreward, her intentions are good and the message is positive, I hope it goes through a round of editing. Thanks for your honest review:)
ethan_nnnn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ethan_nnnn »

The author is a great model, she still able to share her ideas and griefs despite the hardships she've been through. That's one of the factor to read this book.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

Miriam Molina wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 02:39 Losing your better half must be devastating. I am glad the author has moved on and found bliss again.
You're right. Thank you for dropping by.
Katie Blackmore
Favorite Book: The Glass Castle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katie-blackmore.html
Latest Review: The Light of Canopus by Frasar

Post by Katie Blackmore »

It is very painful to lose someone close to you and many people are facing this more due to the pandemic. I am glad to see that there is a self-help book to assist them through the grieving process. I can commend the author for sharing such a deeply personal and hard process with us. Well done on the beautifully written review.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

Katie Blackmore wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 15:40 It is very painful to lose someone close to you and many people are facing this more due to the pandemic. I am glad to see that there is a self-help book to assist them through the grieving process. I can commend the author for sharing such a deeply personal and hard process with us. Well done on the beautifully written review.
You're right and the pandemic made it worst. I'm glad you liked my review. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

Reader-247 wrote: 02 Sep 2021, 07:15 Maybe writing about the loss was also a form of moving foreward, her intentions are good and the message is positive, I hope it goes through a round of editing. Thanks for your honest review:)
You had a point. I also hope that the author considers re-editing the book. Your comment is highly much appreciated!
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

SamaylaM wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 00:18 I think the initiative that the author took to present this book is praiseworthy, especially since it stemmed from her own loss. However, I think I'll pass this one as it looks like the book needs a little more research and editing. Thanks for writing an honest and good review!
I hope that the author considers putting this book in another round of editing. I'm glad you liked my review!
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

Priya_Singh wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 09:22 Thank you for the lovely review. Indeed it is very painful to loose someone close to you. I hope this book encourages everybody to move on and deal with the loss.
You're right! Others who've been in the same loss will somehow find encouraging words. I'm glad you liked my review! I do appreciate it.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

Muna Chizzy wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 10:37 It's disheartening to lose a love one. I'm glad the author was able to move on and at the same time encourage those who are facing similar situation. Thanks for your thoughts on the book.
I couldn't agree with you more. It's really disheartening to lose someone you love. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I do appreciate it.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

Jagiine wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 17:28 I think it's great to use your past experiences to help others through similar situations, but trying to write a script or cookie-cutter approach for readers is not the right way to do that. Thanks for your thoughtful review.
It was presented as a self-help book but it's better if it's presented as a memoir. I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks for dropping by.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

MsH2k wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 18:26 Kudos to the author for sharing what she learned in grieving the loss of her husband. Indeed, the grieving process can be different for each person. Thank you for your honest and thoughtful review.
Yes, the goal of the author is great but the way she delivers it is somehow not right. Thanks for dropping by. I appreciate your thoughts.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”