Review of Yesterday

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Review of Yesterday

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Yesterday, a novel of reincarnation and love which goes beyond the life, is written by Samyann.
The story started like a typhical romantic movie with an accident where for the first time Mark and Amanda met. Amanda tried to save Mark's life but got herself into the trouble. Mark being a gentleman helped Amanda to recover from her injuries. In true sense, story unfolded itself when both of them realized a "known-unknown connection" towards each other. After randomly meeting Mark in an antique shop, Amanda started feeling the warmth and comfort around him. Amanda had become an emotionally vulnerable person due to the loss of her parents, brother and recently even her fiance Joe. At Fra Diavolo, she opened up with Mark regarding the series of disasters in her life and because of which she doesn't want to love and care for anyone now. Even after knowing all this Mark stood beside her, no matter how much Amanda resisted Mark to come close to her, he kept on trying to make her realize about their eternal love.
The story took a drastic turn when Amanda bought an antique clock which had a connection with Great Chicago Fire of 1871. Mark and Amanda had a very rough journey till they solve a great mystery of their life. Mary, Amanda's aunt helped them in this with "Past Life Sessions". Will Amanda realize her love for Mark? Will both of them stick together after the revelation? What is the mystery of their life?

The novel keeps the readers on their toes and the hunger for knowing "what will happen next" keeps on increasing as the story turns toward the end. The author has very well-shaped the characters in the story. In the novel, some sentences are written in italics which are actually the inner feelings of characters and this help the readers to understand the mindset of characters and the story in whole. The use of pictorial language makes the novel even more interesting, these are some positive aspects of this novel.

I personally don't find any negative aspect here. However, some changes can be done with the ending of the novel as it was quite abrupt.

The plot of the story is extremely fascinating and it makes sure that the readers stick with the story till the end. Considering all the aspects of the novel "I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars".

If you are a reader who is interested in a story full of romance and mysteries, then you must check out this novel. I recommend this book to the adults, beginners can also read it as it is not written in hard core English, so it is quite easy for everyone to understand. I would suggest that children shouldn't read it as it has some sexual content.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

I love to read romance novels. The concept of reincarnation sounds fascinating. You did an excellent job on the review. I enjoyed reading it.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

I have reviewed this book too, and I loved Mark and Amanda's chemistry. It was fascinating to see them venture into their past lives to find out the answers to their questions. Thanks for the great review.
DyanaFl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dyanafl.html
Latest Review: Like Glass by Sylvia Wilde

Post by DyanaFl »

Shame about the abrupt ending. But I would love to have an exciting reincarnation story to read! Thanks for the review.
Muskan Upadhyaya

Ruchi Raina wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 08:44 I have reviewed this book too, and I loved Mark and Amanda's chemistry. It was fascinating to see them venture into their past lives to find out the answers to their questions. Thanks for the great review.
Yeah definitely Mark and Amanda's chemistry were pretty alluring.
Thanks for your comment
Keep supporting:)
Muskan Upadhyaya

Kaushiki Parihar wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 00:10 I love to read romance novels. The concept of reincarnation sounds fascinating. You did an excellent job on the review. I enjoyed reading it.
Thanks for your comment:)
Muskan Upadhyaya

DyanaFl wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 11:04 Shame about the abrupt ending. But I would love to have an exciting reincarnation story to read! Thanks for the review.
Yeah I also found the ending a bit disappointing but the entire story is pretty fascinating.
Thanks for your comment.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 813
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

I'm wondering about the connection between Amanda and the antique clock.
This book sounds like an engaging mystery with a great cast of characters.
Thanks for this informative review. :tiphat:
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Muskan Upadhyaya

Mindful Wordsmith wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 06:43 I'm wondering about the connection between Amanda and the antique clock.
This book sounds like an engaging mystery with a great cast of characters.
Thanks for this informative review. :tiphat:
This book is definitely an engaging one, and I m pretty sure that you will be surprised when you will decipher the connection between Amanda, and that clock.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

This is such a beautiful book. The relationship between Amanda and Mark got me to read this. I love how the story unfolds and the character developments. Great review!
Muskan Upadhyaya

Medhansh Bhardwaj wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 05:32 This is such a beautiful book. The relationship between Amanda and Mark got me to read this. I love how the story unfolds and the character developments. Great review!
Surely this is a fascinating and engaging love story.
Thank you for your comment:)
Rashi Agrawal
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashi-agrawal.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rashi Agrawal »

This book is indeed a must read. I have also read and reviewed this book and it is pretty fascinating. You have done a great job in reviewing it. Thank you for a detailed review. :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”