Review of Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ogugua Obinna Stephen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna9058.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Review of Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community

Post by Ogugua Obinna Stephen »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community" by Yasher Echad El.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El is a Christian book which focuses on our lives, how it has been preprogrammed. To Yasher, the media is deceitful and there are people out there who manipulate things and have us believe the things which they have manipulated. According to him, the media and celebrities are the agents through which these people carryout their plans. Yasher made references to recent movies and wants readers to understand that those events which takes place in movies takes place in reality years after their production. This could be why Yasher said our lives have been preprogrammed. Does it mean that movies are a way of forecasting future events? If Yasher is correct, then we are likely to experience zombie apocalypse.

Aside the book centering on our lives been preprogrammed, it touches some religious topic like the King James Version of the bible been incomplete. It also touches little area about how religion has affected our lives negatively.

I really like this book because my doubt has been cleared about the movies I have watched. Yasher explained everything with real life events which made me start to doubt the music industry and the fame of the celebrities. One major thought that came to my mind was Tupac. Was his death actually planned by those whom Yasher claimed preprogramme the world?

Speaking of what I dislike about this book, it is the contrasting title of the book and the theme I depicted. Seeing Unity In The Community, I was expecting to read something about unity and disunity, their cause and effect. As I began to read, I became confuse. Was I reading some kind of book about the New World Order? Was I reading some kind of book about celebrities' hidden lives? These are questions I asked myself.

Even though I didn't notice any error in the book, I will say Yasher isn't too good with words when it comes to expressing his opinion. I had to stress myself to comprehend what Yasher was driving at. It looked like the book had no direction. Overall, I still love the book for the fact that it made me understand how the world has been preprogrammed.

This book will be useful to people who wants to understand the world and the role the media play in our lives. Only those of matured minds will be able to comprehend this book.

Having read this book and seen its contents, I rate it 3 out of 4 stars because of the confusion I mentioned above.

Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community
View: on Bookshelves
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

It sounds like the author touches on many thought-provoking topics. It is becoming increasingly challenging to sift through all the media outlets and determine what to keep and what to toss.
Thank you for your thorough and honest take on this book.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

Sounds like an interesting and thought-provoking book, but not one I'm interested in reading. Great review!
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

It sounds like a great read for Christians. Thanks for a lovely review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

This is going to be an enlightening book I guess. I enjoyed the review. Thank you.
Neshboy Aburi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neshboy-aburi.html
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks

Post by Neshboy Aburi »

Quite an intriguing view of our lives that this author has. Although I don't believe that our lives are preprogrammed. Thanks for the good review though. I really enjoyed reading it.
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks
DyanaFl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dyanafl.html
Latest Review: Like Glass by Sylvia Wilde

Post by DyanaFl »

Interesting premise for the book. However not one that I would read. Thanks for your review!
Ayomid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomid.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter

Post by Ayomid »

I wonder why there is a disharmony between the book and its title. Thanks for your numerous observations.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”