Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gedion Cheruiyot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gedion-cheruiyot.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by Gedion Cheruiyot »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How did humanity come to exist? What about the universe? Is there an end? These kinds of questions might have crossed our minds at some point. Over the centuries, religion and science have knocked heads in an attempt to give answers. Regardless of their divergent explanations of our existence, there is a possibility of compatibility. In the book, The Biblical Clock-The untold secrets linking the universe and Humanity with God's plan, Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon unveils the connection between science and religion.

During his further education at the university, the author initially thought science answered everything. However, some explanations concerning our origins and the development of the human species were so strange and metaphysical. In pursuit of answers, the author takes the reader to his research expedition of ancient religious history. Presented in a story, the author starts off in Acre, a port city on the eastern mediteranean 1290, to meet a sage who worked on the age of the universe, then to St Petersburg Russia the year 1917 following a manuscript written by Isaac ben Samuel. Finally to the USA in the 1980s.

The Biblical Clock was an enjoyable, thought-provoking non-fiction book supported by extensive materials of research. It was an interesting read with captivating stories. I enjoyed reading about the lives of the Kabbalists and Rabbis. You will find the interesting life of Isaac ben Samuel, the sage who wrote the manuscript from one of his encounters with the angels. He called the manuscript "a great mystery that should be very well hiddden". Apparently, Isaac ben Samuel had such power to compel secrets from angels through his ability to combine Hebrew letters into the sacred names of God. The author captures some of their teachings which are helpful and inner. One of the teachings captured, taught by Ari, was that "joy, particularly from fulfilling the commandments is essential for esoteric knowledge and experiencing the divine, sadness is the greatest obstacle to inspiration in a mystic". I also liked the author's way of presenting this book in form of a journey.

There is nothing i dislike about the book. I only noted that the spacings were inconsistent.

That, however, brought less of a challenge while reading the book. Additionally, the author's aim to link religion and science was successfully and evidently presented in the book. His conclusion on the possibility of having a glimpse of the near future was also presented well. With that, I rate this book 4 stars out of 4.

I recommend this book to anyone who has interest in Religion and History. Science, not so much.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I read this book and also enjoyed reading about the lives of the Kabbalists and Rabbis. It gave me a greater appreciation of the richness of Hebraic history. Thank you for your review. :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Your review hit the nail. I have read the book but I felt like the author didn't live up to their promises.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

I think this book answer all the major questions we all are searching for in our lives in a much simpler way.
Thanks for this amazing reveiw.
:tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”