Review of The Legacy of Job's Wife

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Review of The Legacy of Job's Wife

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Legacy of Job's Wife" by Cynthia Koelker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Legacy of Job's wife is a family drama written by Cynthia J. Koelker. The story unfolded itself with an alluring connection shared by Job and Ix'ises. The moment Job saw Ix'ises's beautiful eyes, he felt a heart connection with her. Job and Ix' ises's families were pretty close and went hand-in-hand during all the occasions. They had expanded and affectionate families later, Job and Ix'ises became the soul partners, and started their captivating journey.
Eventually, they were blessed with 10 beautiful children- Jobiah, Hadad, Korah, Omar, Zibeon, 3 daughters, and twins. Their wealth was at its peak, the crops were plentiful, no shortage of manual help, and flocks were also multiplying. But one day, everything went into vain, all their happiness vanished away. Ix'ises cursed God and cried in agony. But, what made her curse God? Can we blame God for our unhappiness? How did she manage to tackle the extreme pain felt in her soul?

It is rightly said, "If your life doesn't have a happy ending, then this is not the end of your life". I liked how beautifully the author has described the ups and downs of life. I also liked the well-descriptive comparison of city life and life in the valley. There are some extracts or poetic lines at the beginning of every chapter that help the readers to make a contrast between the present and future conditions. The author has done a marvelous job in character development which helps to understand the story as a whole.

There's nothing that I disliked in this book. However, the story went a bit flat in the beginning, but later on due to the twists and turns it became pretty engaging.

This book is appropriate even for the beginners as the story is not written in hard core English. This book gives hope to the readers. One can surely say that this book is the silver lining in the dark cloud. Considering all the aspects of this book, and the plot of the story which is quite fascinating and engaging, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I strongly recommend this book to all teenagers and adults as this book can help the readers to understand life better. If a book describing God supremacy, life in hilly areas, couple fondness and the concept of affectionate family with some drastic turns excites you then you should definitely check out this book.

The Legacy of Job's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

I have read this book, and it's really enthralling. Job and Ix'ises's family and romance was beautiful and adorable. Great review!
semira yasin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by semira yasin »

I wonder if the book is related to Job, that is on the bible, because it is good to mention that if that is the case since it affects the readers choice. I like the review, it will be interesting to see a fictional dipiction of the lives of bible characters and their struggles in the real world which is very relatable. Job was indeed a man of faith and showed his loyality through his adversities and also his wife. I will definately give it a try.
Unsullied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unsullied.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Unsullied »

The title of the book is quite creative, I hope the author delivered. Nice review.
Muskan Upadhyaya

Kaushiki Parihar wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 00:55 I have read this book, and it's really enthralling. Job and Ix'ises's family and romance was beautiful and adorable. Great review!
Definitely their chemistry is adorable. The plot is surely captivating and engaging.
Thank you for your comment:)
Muskan Upadhyaya

semira yasin wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 02:06 I wonder if the book is related to Job, that is on the bible, because it is good to mention that if that is the case since it affects the readers choice. I like the review, it will be interesting to see a fictional dipiction of the lives of bible characters and their struggles in the real world which is very relatable. Job was indeed a man of faith and showed his loyality through his adversities and also his wife. I will definately give it a try.
I don't want to give you a spolier but yeah if you are into family drama, short and mature love story then you should definitely give it a try.
Muskan Upadhyaya

Unsullied wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 05:05 The title of the book is quite creative, I hope the author delivered. Nice review.
I am glad that you like the review, and not just the title, but I must say that the entire story is pretty captivating and creative.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

I loved this book. It was heartbreaking to see Job and Ix'ises in so much pain. Ix'ises had every right to question God after what she went through. Job was a kind man who did so much for others and for something so unfortunate to happen to him was shocking. It was normal for their belief to be shaken. Thanks for the great review.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I've read a couple of reviews about this book, and only good things are being said about it. I like that it gives hope to its readers. Thanks for the great review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Muskan Upadhyaya

Ruchi Raina wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 02:04 I loved this book. It was heartbreaking to see Job and Ix'ises in so much pain. Ix'ises had every right to question God after what she went through. Job was a kind man who did so much for others and for something so unfortunate to happen to him was shocking. It was normal for their belief to be shaken. Thanks for the great review.
Thank you for your comment. I also love this book. There are certain twists and turns in the life of Xises and Job, which in my opinion is necessary to make the novel engaging.
Muskan Upadhyaya

C Janet wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 07:32 I've read a couple of reviews about this book, and only good things are being said about it. I like that it gives hope to its readers. Thanks for the great review!
Thank you for your comment. This book surely gives hope to the readers through the captivating journey of Xises and Job.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 813
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

I love books which have good character development. And as far the curse part is concerned, I think it's not God's punishment really but our own ego and non-gratitude which leads to our downfall.
Thanks for this wonderful review. :tiphat:
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I generally like romantic novels, but I feel this one has a bit too much religious aspect infused in it. So I will skip this one. Thanks for the great review!
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

The concept of the story is great but I guess this type of book has limited audience. Great review!
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

The concept of the story is great but I guess this type of book has limited audience. Great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”