Review of The Demon of Reginhart

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 813
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Review of The Demon of Reginhart

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Demon of Reginhart" by Penn Scripter.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Demon of Reginhart by Penn Scripter is a fantasy and paranormal romance novel. Penn Scripter is the nom de plume of the mother-daughter duo, Carol McKibben and Stephanie McKibben. Together, they've created an enthralling romance tale full of mysterious creatures, unbreakable agreements, and intrigue.

We meet an almost-human entity, Marcus, who houses a mage (Asmara) and a demon (Tiecus) inside him. Marcus is bound to the two supernatural beings by an agreement and acts as a mediator between them. Whereas Asmara is forbidden to hurt any being, it is Tiecus' nature to feed himself off human blood. Because of this reason, Marcus is constantly at war with himself and the world and thus, keeps human interaction to the minimum. But Benicar, where Marcus helps quench the demon's bloodlust with King Valder's enemies, can no longer be home to Marcus. King Valder orders Marcus to go to Reginhart to wipe out the kingdom's ruthless enemies, the Tier Naug.

The arrival of Marcus in Reginhart is met with dissent and protests by its villagers. His only ally is the courageous and charming Platt, who possesses an ability that can keep Tiecus in control. After a turbulent start, both Marcus and Platt come to appreciate their importance to each other. It does not take long for Marcus and Platt to fall in love with each other.

What is really commendable about this book is how each character was given a very distinct personality. This is the reason that I never got confused by the large cast of characters in the book. Besides perfectly picturing how the two main characters carried themselves, I could easily imagine what the side and minor characters were like. When it came to Marcus, the authors have done a magnificent job of putting three characters in one body. The physical and psychological transformation of Marcus into Asmara or Tiecus was brilliantly presented.

The Demon of Reginhart has one of the most impressive prologues I have read in a while. Moreover, the plot twists were placed skillfully. The twist with one character named Ardin was unexpected. Additionally, the romantic part of the plot helped take the story forward in a meaningful direction. There is also a good amount of banter and humour to keep the otherwise serious plot a little lighthearted.

There is nothing I disliked about this book. But I wish that the book had explored the history of certain characters in more detail. There were many intense scenes depicting violent battles. A few profane words were used by some characters. There were two explicit sex scenes in the book. However, these three components were not forced. In fact, their presence was necessary to construct a meaningful plot. Nevertheless, this book is not meant for sensitive and young readers.

The book deserves a perfect rating. But I have to rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars only because of the fact that it contains more than 10 writing errors. There were some grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors throughout the book. Surprisingly, they did not hamper the reading flow in any way. Lastly, I'll recommend this book to fantasy and romantic fantasy lovers.

The Demon of Reginhart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

I am very curious to know about the drastic turn which has taken place with Ardin, I m definitely going to read this book.
Thank you for the review:)
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

I had heard of this book before but I wasn't sure if it was something I would enjoy. Reading your review, I'm totally convinced. Thank you!
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

Marcus seems to be stuck with two beings who are polar opposites. One is forbidden from hurting anyone and the other lives off human blood. I would like to know what happens in this story. Thanks for the amazing review.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

This book's title would catch my eye, and after reading your review, I know it's a book I'd enjoy reading. Thanks for the wonderful review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
DyanaFl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dyanafl.html
Latest Review: Like Glass by Sylvia Wilde

Post by DyanaFl »

The book seems really fantastic. Balancing 2 personalities in one human is difficult and I'm impressed the authors pulled it off well. I would love to be privy to this fantasy world. Thanks for the excellent review!
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

[qoute] The Demon of Reginhart has one of the most impressive prologues I have read in a while. [/qoute]

Reading this sentence made me wonder more about the story. I might have a great time reading it. Thanks for a wonderful review.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

I'm an avid fan of romance and fantasy and I will definitely gonna check out this book. The plot sounds enticing. Great review!
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

It must have taken skill and patience to develop the characters. I am adding this one to my bookshelf because I am curious about a demon and a mage sharing the same body. Thank you for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

I love books with multi genre. Marcus and Platt both have a wonderful relationship. Also, the plot twists would keep one glued. Thanks for your wonderful review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I love this book. And I hate the fact that it could not get a perfect rating because of some grammatical errors. The moment the author gets them fixed, this book would become perfect! Great review!
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

This book sounds like a very interesting mix of genres and characters. It’s great to enjoy a well-written story and still have plenty of room for your imagination. Thank you for an excellent review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

A demon and a mage sharing the same body?.. Sounds really interesting and intriguing. I’m not the biggest fan of fantasies but they always seem to have extremely captivating plots. This one is no different. Fantastic review too! Good job.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Paranormal romances are my favorite. This book sounds like the perfect read for me! Lovely review!
Amanda I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-i.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by Amanda I »

This book seems honestly interesting. A mixture of the paranormal and romance? Why not. I like books that make use of characters out of the ordinary. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”