Review of Unveil your Intimate Self

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah C McHum
Favorite Book: Do I Need a Will or a Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-c-mchum.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Review of Unveil your Intimate Self

Post by Sarah C McHum »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Unveil your Intimate Self" by Elena Georgiadou.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I was kind of wondering whether this book is suitable for me or not, whether this book is going to help me solve my problem or not, and whether this book is worth reading or not. The title itself, Unveil your Intimate Self, sounds promising. The description of the book is also interesting. I don't want to read a review since it's gonna affect how I perceive the book later. So, I was trying so hard not to look at the review from anywhere. However, after a long conversation with my mind, I decided to read this book finally. And here's what I think about it.

Reading this book is enjoyable. I can read it in one sitting. Elena Georgiadou, the writer, did a very good job explaining a lot of things that I have never thought of before. She gives me new knowledge, a new perspective of seeing the world, and seeking eternal happiness. Her presentation is good with illustrations that make me understand the concept better.

However, there are a lot of things that I dislike from the book. First, it provides lots of scientific data but failed to mention where and when she got the data. For me, this information is essential for the validity of the data. Second, some sentences are too long. It's tiring to read. It would be more helpful if the writer makes it more simple and readable. Would you like to read this kind of sentence, "Although scientists in their research came up with a logical formula for happiness stating that the level of happiness is determined by your biological setpoint plus the conditions of your life plus the voluntary activities that you do, it lacks answers to our existential dilemmas regarding our essential nature, the nature of our soul, our true purpose and the fear of death."? I know that it's grammatically correct, but it would be better if she writes two sentences instead of one. Third, grammar errors. I wonder if this book has been proofread or not.

Therefore, I have to say sorry that I am going to give this book 2 out of 4 stars. I love this book because it has good messages, but I have to lower my rating for fairness because of the problems I've mentioned above.

If you feel lost in life or, like me, having a life crisis in my early 20s, this book is going to help you find happiness without rushing your life. You may need a lot of patience to read due to the long sentences and grammar errors.

Unveil your Intimate Self
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Detailed review!!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”