Review of Wellness Toolbox

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
reviewinraven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewinraven.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Review of Wellness Toolbox

Post by reviewinraven »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wellness Toolbox" by Don Roberts.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ever wondered if excessive sugar or salt intake is really harmful to your body? Or if high cholesterol truly leads to heart disease? Or which exercise variation is more impactful? If so, then this book will be beneficial to you. No longer would you have to suffer through clickbait articles on the internet as most of the common questions that newcomers have is answered in this book.

Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts is a guide to a sustainable and healthy lifestyle with informative content ranging from fitness to nutrition. The book is a compilation of information that the author has gained throughout his years of extensive research and his vast experience as a bodybuilder and a personal trainer. As the founder of Fitness Solution 24/7, he has helped many people of different ages, sizes, and backgrounds to achieve their fitness goals. Throughout the book, he debunks widespread myths and misconceptions involving exercise and fad diets while also sharing his personal and quirky experiences with the topics.

One of the positive aspects that I appreciate in this book is that every claim is backed up by credible sources such as doctors, scientists, and researchers. This assures me that the information is not biased and that there is substantial evidence to support the book’s declarations. The book can also be considered well-edited as I could only find two minor spelling errors, despite the rather lengthy book. It is clear that the author has poured in a lot of effort and dedication into ensuring that this book meets a quality standard.

Another thing I like about the book is the way it is structured to make absorbing lengthy information easier. Every chapter consists of an encouraging or witty quote as well as humorous graphics to keep the readers entertained throughout the book. Some highlights are also presented in point form, making it easy for the readers to take notes along the way and apply it in real life. There is also a concise summary with references of all the points at the end of the book to refresh the reader’s memory.

For those looking for motivation, the realistic ‘before’ and ‘after’ pictures of the author’s clients can be a source of inspiration. However, I think that the book could be improved by also adding graphics or pictures to illustrate the exercises that are being recommended. This is because certain terms such as “single-leg mini-hurdle hops” or “single-leg explosive calf raises” may sound intimidating to those who are at the early stages of their fitness journey. But readers can easily overcome their confusion with a quick internet search.

A minor negative I would have to comment on is that there are a number of claims in the book which feel more opinion-based but are passed off as factual. This includes assertions of who is “the greatest pioneer in the world of fitness”, which may not be a relevant fact to push to certain readers. Additionally, the testimonial section of the book is far too lengthy and repetitive. I feel that the author would benefit from only showing the best results instead of trying to show every single result available to prevent readers from skimming through the content and missing out on the point.

With all these things considered, I would rate the Wellness Toolbox a 4 out of 4 stars. The reason is because it is well-researched, helpful, entertaining and properly edited. The negatives are overshadowed by the practicality and readability of this book. I would highly recommend this book to those who are interested in improving their health. This book is mostly useful to those residing in the United States because some of the grocery suggestions may not be available in other regions. Regardless, international readers can still benefit a lot from this book, especially working adults who have the financial means to improve their lifestyle.

Wellness Toolbox
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

It is really important to have a healthy lifestyle. Also, it's great that every claim is backed up with credible sources. It seems an helpful read. Thanks for the amazing review.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

I recently read this book, and I can really say that the book is great. It helps us to know which is a myth and which is a fact. Great review!
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

It is great that the claims are backed up with solid evidence. I am not a big fan of self-help books, but I may make an exception for this one. Thank you for a lovely review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I like how the author's statements are backed with research and evidence. It makes the book really credible. Thanks for the honest and detailed review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”