Review of Red Wave Imperative

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah C McHum
Favorite Book: Do I Need a Will or a Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-c-mchum.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Review of Red Wave Imperative

Post by Sarah C McHum »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Red Wave Imperative" by Alan Schein.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Red Wave Imperative is a book written by Alan Schein for Americans, trying to ensure them to vote for the Republican party in the 2018 elections. This book might be outdated to read now for some people, but as the one taking American study in a class, this book will help me see political issues in America from another perspective.

My curiosity about politics rose when I attended a drama class with one of my favourite lectures. At that moment, we were discussing what makes democracy failed, and my lecturer asked, "what's the best system that can replace democracy?" All of us were sitting in silence, trying to figure out the answer. What’s going inside my mind was, “what happens with democracy? I was forced to know the system to be the best because it was applied in my country, and in every textbook, I always found good things about the system. Therefore, when I came across this book and read some reviews, I decided to read it.

Even though this book is biased, I don’t think it’s a problem since it aims to show the dirty side of the Democratic party. Especially the “New Democratic Party” in the United States, calling it “radical, obstructive, disruptive,” that is “fracturing the United States' political and social landscape.” The author also proved his claims by referring to data (even though some websites aren't available anymore now), which are strong enough to provoke Americans to vote for the Republican party. However, as a non-American reader, I have to go to outside sources to clarify some information that I don’t understand but are mentioned in the book.

Overall, I love the book. It is interesting to read, especially for those who like to know more about politics, like me. However, due to some outdated/unfound websites, I'll give this book 3 out of 4 stars.

If you plan to read this book, you have to note that this is not a comparative argument. This book is strongly biased that may offend some readers. If you want to read this book for the sake of information of a new perspective, then go on. In addition, for non-American readers, if you’re going to understand this book, you have to understand the situation of politics in America or at least know the basics of the problem or issue being mentioned, such as hate speech disinformation, etc. If you have no clue about those issues, I don't encourage you to read this book because it will confuse you.

Red Wave Imperative
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ayomid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomid.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter

Post by Ayomid »

Politics is always a controversial subject. I'd pass on this one though. Thanks for a nice analysis of the book.
Neshboy Aburi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neshboy-aburi.html
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks

Post by Neshboy Aburi »

I like this book. I am currently reading it and I agree with you about how it is biased and also some websites being unavailable. I also like the conviction of the author. I would have voted republican candidates if I was an American sorely based on this convincing book. Thanks for the good review.
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

I enjoyed reading and reviewing the book because I learnt about politics. The links provided by the author made the book very engaging.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”