Review of The Pro-Achievement Principle

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
addicted reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-addicted-reader.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Review of The Pro-Achievement Principle

Post by addicted reader »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Pro-Achievement Principle" by Dr. Deborah Bright.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah S. Bright is a well written non-fiction guide-book for cultivating skills for leaders and employees to accelerate the achievement of the predetermined goals of the organization. It is the first guide-book in the Pro-Achievement series. The term "BIZLET" has been used to refer to all the books in this series.

The author starts by recognizing the need to motivate workers to improve the performance and quality of their work. She mentions various ways to motivate team members. This includes offering monetized incentives such as increasing their salaries, creating a conducive environment for them, and promoting positive attitudes among the workers. Moreover, the author points out the basic element of personal achievement known as responsibleness—which is a driving force behind people’s behaviors. Also, Dr. Deborah appreciates the importance of commitment, attitude, and self-discipline toward achievement of organizational success.

There are many positive aspects about this wonderful book. However, the educative nature of the book is the most outstanding positive aspect of it. I like the way the author expresses her ideas on how to be part of the winning team as far as achievement of the organizational goal is concerned. Truly speaking, for those aspiring to be leaders, managers, or CEOs, this guide-book can act as an empowering tool towards the achievement of their dreams. However, the only negative aspect of the book is the unnecessary repetition. For instance, the word "BIZLET" is repeated several times in the book.

The book is about 129 pages. Hence, little time is needed to read the entire book. It is divided into seven lessons (Pro-Achievement: The Individual’s Tools for Organizational Success, Responsibleness: A Core Component of Personal Achievement, Your Introduction to The Pro-Achievement Principle, The Importance of Attitude, Recruiting Pro-Achievers: A-Team Leader’s Guide, Introducing The Pro-Achievement Principle to Your Team, and Pro-Achievement in Action: A Model for Team Performance.) The use of illustrations in the book fostered the understanding of the book.

I rate The Pro-Achievement Principle 3 out of 4 stars. It was well-edited, as I did not encounter any grammatical errors in it. However, as mentioned earlier, the unnecessary repetition in the book made me not give it a full rating. I recommend it to people who are aspiring to be leaders, managers, and supervisors in the future. Also, the book is suitable for employers who are determined to improve the quality of work in their organizations. This is because it will act as an empowering tool as well as a source of guidance.

The Pro-Achievement Principle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

It sounds an aspiring read for those who want to managers or supervisors. The continuous repetition really frustrates. Thanks for the nice review.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

It seems like a very inspiring book that will teach about the cultivation of characteristics that will lead to the success of an organization. The ways of motivation are something one must learn. Thanks for the great review.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

I think businessmen will like it. But I don't wanna read books that are repetitive, that's quite confusing. Great review!
Ethan Howe
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ethan-howe.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ethan Howe »

I enjoy reading books that are not too lengthy. Being educative makes it a good read for me. Thanks for the review.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I have personally encountered the problem of continuous repetition of points in quite a few books in the past. So, I completely understand your point of view. Thanks for the honest review!
addicted reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-addicted-reader.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by addicted reader »

Kaushiki Parihar wrote: 18 Sep 2021, 00:29 It sounds an aspiring read for those who want to managers or supervisors. The continuous repetition really frustrates. Thanks for the nice review.
Thanks for your observation. It's actually an aspiring book that will benefit those interested in management activities.
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

A book that helps in "cultivating skills for leaders and employees to accelerate the achievement of the predetermined goals of the organization" sounds like a great book. Added in my to-read list.
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”