Review of The Site

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Matokoloho M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matokoloho-m.html
Latest Review: The Site by Carlos Valrand

Review of The Site

Post by Matokoloho M »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Site" by Carlos Valrand.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book is quite scary because of the dreams Cicely is experiencing, but it is an interesting book that teaches about the importance of dreams and how powerful they can affect your thinking. I have learnt that,dreams can be interpreted and they have a certain meaning or they give us a message relating to life in general.Dreams gives us an awareness of something we might have done or something that can happen or that will happen. The book is questionable in a way that while reading it ,you also ask yourself certain questions relating to Cicely's dreams that why is she dreaming such dreams and what is the meaning of these dreams.

This book also taught me how dangerous the stress can be,it can change your entire mood and affect your body and make changes.Cicely was always feeling afraid after she had one of her dreams and that was affecting the way she sees things,she was feeling uncomfortable at times about certain things and was always paying attention to certain things it does not matter how small there were.The most important thing that I liked about our main character Cicely was that, she did not allow the dreams to interrupt her school work as a teacher.She was trying by all means to adhere to her duties and concentrate.

To be honest ,the book at first was so interesting but in the middle of it somewhere I was getting confused because the Author was introducing so many characters,and to me I felt like the Author was not explaining well their characters in the book and that was a good thing to me because it needed me to use my mind and try to collect the information by myself about them.I tried to understand each and everyone's character and their positions in the book,some of them I did not understand their positions.But either way that did not affect my reading as much.

In terms of rating this book ,I can give the author 4 out of 4,because the book was interesting, teaching,powerful and confusing at times. But the confusing part i took it as me having to use my mind and think,and that was not bad at all,it was training my mind and my thinking ability to think beyond measures.Even though it took time for the author to reveal certain things and make the dreams of Cicely to come to an end .But that showed me that patience is needed at all times.

The Site
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

Dreams have always been a fascinating thing to me. I enjoyed reading your review. I agree with you that stress can be a dangerous thing
Bradley Shelvie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-shelvie.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Bradley Shelvie »

Eew😂😂how does someone's dreams affect me? I don't even believe in dreams and the fact that the book is scary makes it a no-go zone for me. Anyway, wonderful review!
Shivali Y
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivali-y.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Shivali Y »

This sounds very intriguing, I haven't read a book that focuses on the character's dreams before. Thank you for the review!
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

I think I'll enjoy reading this book as it shows the importance of dreams.
I'll give it a try.
Great reveiw
:tiphat:
amakaokoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amakaokoye.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by amakaokoye »

This book seems like an interesting one. Great review!
J Edwards
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Global Business in the Age of Transformation
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by J Edwards »

I have never put much thought to my dreams and what they might mean, but after reading this review, I am kind of scared to dream again. I will try and remember my next one. Thanks.
:character-bart:
“We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

French novelist Marcel Proust.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”