Review of The Pro-Achievement Principle

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review of The Pro-Achievement Principle

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Pro-Achievement Principle" by Dr. Deborah Bright.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright is a nonfiction book about leadership and empowerment. This book teaches how to become a great leader, an achiever, a good employer, a good employee, and a good business manager. It is a book that enables readers to empower themselves by setting their goals and achieving them prospectively. The author (who is nationally known for her leadership and coaching practice) was once ranked among the top ten U.S. women divers, and she wrote this book from her knowledge and experience in competitive diving and her time working with leaders in numerous fields.

This book has 146 pages which are divided into 7 lessons. The earlier chapters are dedicated to explaining the core values of an achiever and how to recognize one. The author also talked about the importance of commitment and self-discipline, and she elaborated on the importance of having an achieving attitude and personality. The latter part of the chapter is dedicated to discussing and explaining the principles of achieving a specific goal. This book is a detailed guide on coaching leaders and a guide to becoming a better employee or employer.

The author’s writing style is straightforward and self-explanatory. I love the part where she narrated different realistic examples that would make the reader see through the book and understand it perfectly while reading it. The writer also made use of daily life experiences in our various workplaces. For example, she used a chart to explain the responses that are likely to come from employees concerning various responsibilities that are being assigned to them, thereby making it a self-examination for the reader. The writer also stated the hidden problems in a dialogue between a boss and her direct report.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because the reading experience felt so real, and I was able to understand the knowledge that was being conveyed. I also believe that there is a lot to learn from it, so more people should consider reading it. There is absolutely nothing I hate about this book because I enjoyed reading it and was enlightened by it. I found no errors, so it can be said that this book received exceptional editing.

I recommend this book for adults over the age of 18 who are interested in becoming trained managers or professional coaches. Adults who aspire to pursue a career in coaching or want to enhance their knowledge of leadership and business management. Teenagers and young adults can also learn to be better employees if they read this book.

The Pro-Achievement Principle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

Self-help books are not one of the genres I read, but it sounds like anyone who is looking to improve their chances in the achievement of their goals would benefit from this book. Thanks for the great review!
Books are my self-medication. 8)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”