Review of Free will, do you have it?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MysticSpade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mysticspade.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Review of Free will, do you have it?

Post by MysticSpade »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Free will, do you have it?" by Albertus Kral.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered if your behaviors are the result of a created process instead of personal choice? Or the severity of impact your emotions have on past experiences? Free will, do you have it? by Albertus Kral answers these questions through an in-depth theory and its full explanation. This theory “procircilism” is defined as “a cycle of brain processes that result in manifested behavior”. Kral goes on to explain why an individual behaves the way they do and what leads to their ultimate decisions.

For such a complex topic, the author kept the overall flow well organized. The chapters were split up well and included subtopics when needed. This made it easier to understand and follow the extravagant theory. One of my favorite things about this entire book was how thought-provoking it was. It provided deeper topics that are typically “poo-pooed” in today’s world where small talk is preferred. I loved how the chapters provided me a chance to think a little more than normal.

Although the author kept his points well organized, I felt the excessive wording made it difficult to read sometimes. I found there were spots I had to reread multiple times before I had any sort of idea of what the author was talking about. I also felt some of the major points were repeated more than necessary. A couple of times can help drive the more important points to the reader but anything more tends to be overkill.

I’m giving Free will, do you have it? 2 out of 4 stars. Not because of the formatting and writing style, but because the topic became overwhelming. The subject of free will can become as complex as quickly as it comes up. So although I enjoyed reading a book that required thinking outside of the box, I felt out of my reading comfort zone. I normally enjoy reading self-help books and based on the book’s description, I thought this one would fall under that genre. Unfortunately, this felt more scientifically driven instead of for self-improvement. This was professionally edited since there weren’t any typos or grammar errors. There is no profanity or sexual content.

I’m not going to recommend reading this unless you know you can handle the subject. For those who can and enjoy pushing the boundaries on deeper topics, I believe you will thoroughly enjoy delving into this book. Due to the subject matter, I wouldn’t recommend this for anyone but adults. The material is just a little too much for a brain that’s still growing and developing. I applaud Mr. Kral for the hours upon hours of research and thought he must have done to put together this book. In the end, it just wasn’t my cup of tea.

Free will, do you have it?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

It's awful that this book wasn't your cup of tea. However, it's title sounds interesting to me. Thankyou for providing all aspects of the book. Great review!
MysticSpade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mysticspade.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by MysticSpade »

Kaushiki Parihar wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 20:49 It's awful that this book wasn't your cup of tea. However, its title sounds interesting to me. Thank you for providing all aspects of the book. Great review!
I was a little bummed too. I had higher hopes for it especially since I enjoy reading self-help books.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”