Review of Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Recee Ann
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-recee-ann.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life

Post by Recee Ann »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life" by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D..]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Learn to Love, written by Thomas Jordan is not a book about love, romance or affection, rather it is a book about love relationships. Many of us at one point in our lives have experienced failed relationships repeatedly and what you learn from these failed relationships whether good or bad will surely by brought into the next relationship, either consciously or unconsciously. Sometimes we fail to ask ourselves the question-- Why do I constantly experience failed relationships? Thomas sums it all up in one book.

Right from childhood we have always learned about love relationships either by being in one, by observation or by instructions. What we learn gives us an idea of what love is, but the way we handle such information or experience is what matters the most. Learn to Love is a product of so many years of questioning, critical thinking, experience and research. The author who is also a clinical psychologist and psychoanalyst carries out his research by listening to his patients' past experiences in life and linking it to their present love relationship. This book exposes a lot of things which we learn unconsciously but we don't know we are actually learning.

The author's simple-to-read style of writing is enough to make anyone fall in love with him. He also uses words wisely. This book is written in such a way that you will never get tired of reading it. I enjoyed every bit of it but what I enjoyed the most was the writer's ability to craft his own definitions and coin his own words. This is one thing that makes him stand out from the crowd. It also gives him a sense of originality. This literary work is also professionally edited and close to perfect but not actually perfect. There are also cool diagrams and empty forms where one can unlearn unhealthy love relationships and learn or re-learn the healthy ones.

So far I only one typo and if you ask me it really doesn't change how I feel about this book. Apart from that I do not see anything wrong with the work to show how well crafted it is.

This book is for anyone struggling with their love relationship, for those looking for love, those who have already given up looking for it an those who bring terror to the ones that they love. I highly recommend this book to the following set of people which I mentioned earlier. If you find yourself among this category of people then this book is for you. I gladly give this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I challenge you to remain unmoved after reading this exceptional book.

Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
19blueofficial
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-19blueofficial.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by 19blueofficial »

Reading this made me realize my past mistakes in love. I guess I was too much of an observer and I never really went for the real thing, because of fear of a broken heart. I almost got into tears reading the review. Excellent work @Recee Ann
Recee Ann

Post by Recee Ann »

19blueofficial wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 09:48 Reading this made me realize my past mistakes in love. I guess I was too much of an observer and I never really went for the real thing, because of fear of a broken heart. I almost got into tears reading the review. Excellent work @Recee Ann
you're welcome @19blueofficial
19blueofficial
Currently Reading:

Post by 19blueofficial »

Recee Ann wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 18:50
19blueofficial wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 09:48 Reading this made me realize my past mistakes in love. I guess I was too much of an observer and I never really went for the real thing, because of fear of a broken heart. I almost got into tears reading the review. Excellent work @Recee Ann
you're welcome @19blueofficial
:D
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

To anyone who will read this will be opened to a new truth on why their relationships often don't work out. Thank you for your review!
Recee Ann

Post by Recee Ann »

Hyacinth Bella wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 07:33 To anyone who will read this will be opened to a new truth on why their relationships often don't work out. Thank you for your review!
anytime dear
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

I've never really thought about how we 'learn to love.' I assumed it was simply a human instinct, but it's also true that the relationships we observed early in life affect the types of relationships we end up in. Thanks for the insightful review.
Books are my self-medication. 8)
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I really hoped to see 4 stars for this book. But I have to agree with your points as well. Thanks for the honest review!
19blueofficial
Currently Reading:

Post by 19blueofficial »

Medhansh Bhardwaj wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 07:13 I really hoped to see 4 stars for this book. But I have to agree with your points as well. Thanks for the honest review!
Yeah me too. But I totally understand as well.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Love can be healing or ttraumatic. It sounds like this book offers some perspective. Thank you for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Recee Ann

Post by Recee Ann »

Niens Now wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 03:59 Love can be healing or ttraumatic. It sounds like this book offers some perspective. Thank you for a great review.
anytime Niens Now

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”