Review of The Frights of Fiji

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Review of The Frights of Fiji

Post by Unosthetic »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Frights of Fiji" by Sunayna Prasad.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Frights of Fiji, a fictional children's book, is the first book in the series of Alyssa McCarthy's Magical Missions written by Sunayna Prasad. The book is about a twelve-year-old girl, Alyssa, who is currently living under the supervision of his Uncle Bruce with her cousin, Hailey, due to the death of her parents.

Alyssa has been staying with Uncle Bruce since she's seven. But two years later, an accident occurred in Alyssa and Hailey's school causing Uncle Bruce's wife to die. Uncle Bruce blames the two little girls to the death of his wife. Since then, he prohibited them to enjoy what other kids enjoy.

A month before Alyssa turns thirteen, some unlogical occurrences happened. That's when she realized that magic really exist. And that's also when she heard about the wizard named Beau Duchamp is trying to abduct her to Fiji. Little did she know that an exciting adventure awaits for her.

The main character is an independent and matured kid. Alyssa makes the readers to amaze and be inspired by her. She acts like a role model to the children and teaches them that they can be courageous in front of threats. The book teaches lessons about life that will be helpful not just for kids but also for adults.

I enjoyed how the author sprinkled some humorous words in her book, like for example the wizards' version of iPod, which is wiPod. I also enjoyed the dialogue between the characters, you can really say that the author is a professional writer.

The only thing I disliked about the book is the font size used. The letters were too small, and the words were compressed. I have to pause for a while to give my eyes a break. The readers, especially the children, will appreciate if the author edit it.

Despite the tiny fonts, I didn't find any errors. Considering the positive aspects of the book, I rate it 3 out of 4 stars. The book suits to teenagers and adults who like fictional fantasy books. But as for children, it would be better if they read it under the supervision of their parents.

The Frights of Fiji
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

The book sounds wonderful and I believe that my niece will love getting to know Alyssa. Thank you for your lovely review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

Niens Now wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 03:43 The book sounds wonderful and I believe that my niece will love getting to know Alyssa. Thank you for your lovely review.
Alyssa is a great character, I hope your niece will live this book as well. I'm glad that you liked my review. Thanks for dropping by, I appreciate it.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

The book sounds interesting. I will like to know Alyssa's adventure. Thank you for your beautiful review.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

Kaushiki Parihar wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 20:44 The book sounds interesting. I will like to know Alyssa's adventure. Thank you for your beautiful review.
Alyssa's adventures are fascinating. I'm glad you liked my review. Thanks for dropping by.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a nice novel for kids to learn important lessons while having fun, especially if they have a good sight to read the small font. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

NetMassimo wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 01:33 This seems like a nice novel for kids to learn important lessons while having fun, especially if they have a good sight to read the small font. Thank you for your great review!
Your right! But the small font sometimes becomes one of my problems while reading the book. Thanks for dropping by.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Sounds like a story many children will find captivating.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

ROSEYANN wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 16:54 Sounds like a story many children will find captivating.
You're right! But adults who love adventure will like this book as well. Thanks for dropping by. I do appreciate it.
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

This book sounds like a good lesson about courage for children. It also talks about loss of family at young age and some children have been unfortunate enough to go through this at tender age. It would be good for them to know they are not alone. Great review.
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Reader-247 »

Sounds like a educational tale for young ones. Thanks for a nice review :)
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

Tarie07 wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 02:27 This book sounds like a good lesson about courage for children. It also talks about loss of family at young age and some children have been unfortunate enough to go through this at tender age. It would be good for them to know they are not alone. Great review.
This book tackles many life lessons that can be applied for an adult or a kid. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I do appreciate it.
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:

Post by Unosthetic »

Reader-247 wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 06:43 Sounds like a educational tale for young ones. Thanks for a nice review :)
You're right! Thanks for dropping by.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

Alyssa's character development is up to the mark, and her adventures are awesome. Thanks for the great review!
addicted reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-addicted-reader.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by addicted reader »

I'm not a fan of this type of books. I'll therefore recommend it to my friends and siblings who love this kind of genre. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”