Review of Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Review of Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life

Post by viczboy16 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life" by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Being in a love relationship is a beautiful thing when it is with the right person and at the right time. It can also be a very horrible thought after a breakup. At some point in time, we are confused about issues concerning our love life, and we wish to know how best to go about it. Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D. is your wish come true. It is a self-help book that acts as a guide or manual on how to heal from a failed relationship and experience a healthier relationship. It is not a book about love, but a book about love relationships. According to the author, it is “a 21st-century love relationship class.”

Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life is a quick read with only 107 pages and a total of 6 chapters. The book is divided into three parts, which makes it easy to assimilate. The first part is titled “The Unhealthy Love Life,” the second part is titled “Psychological Love Life,” and the last part is “Unlearning Method.”

In the book, Dr Thomas Jordan explains the series of activities that would lead to experiencing a successful love life. It starts with the relationships we have with our parents as children, whether it is a healthy relationship or an unhealthy relationship. As a result, we experience unconscious emotional learning from the relationship we have with our parents while growing up, and we replicate what we learned from our previous relationships to our present relationship. If we encountered an unhealthy relationship while growing up, then we must unlearn what we have learned from the unhealthy relationship and practice the opposite of it. Some common unhealthy relationship traits, which the author explained, are dishonesty, exploitation, abuse, neglect, control, self-centeredness, abandonment, etc.

I enjoyed the author’s tone in the book. There’s a lot of useful information in this book regarding relationships. I also liked the fact that he used his relationship with his mother as a case study in explaining most points, which made the book feel more authentic. I personally think his guide in achieving a healthy love life works because he was able to fix his relationship with his mother, and he has been researching and treating unhealthy love lives for over 30 years. There’s nothing to dislike about this book, as it is also written in easy to understand English.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I have given a full rating because the book was professionally edited, and the author justified the title of the book by providing a step-wise approach to assist us in healing from an unsatisfactory love life. The book is also free from profanity and sexual content. I recommend this book to people who are hoping to experience a better love life, love therapists, and marriage counselors.

Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

This seems a helpful book to those who wants to improve their love relations. Thank you for your insightful review.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

A book that all young inexperienced people should read. Thank you for your great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Speech! by Simon Prentis

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

This is an explicit road map for people who want to go through love life disappointments. Great review!
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 806
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: When Black Shoes Turn Red by Tom McKenna
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

I personally think his guide in achieving a healthy love life works because he was able to fix his relationship with his mother, and he has been researching and treating unhealthy love lives for over 30 years.
Our past relationships impact our future relationships without any doubt. But no one ever tells you how to fix a bad relationship. We are asked to just accept it as a fact and move on. It's a refreshing thing to see that the author succeeded in finding a solution to this problem, and he has shared his methods with us now.
Thanks for this wonderful review. :tiphat:
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

It is an important distinction that the book is about love relationships, not love. It’s the relationship that’s the hard part. Thank you for a great review.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

I read this book and I have to admit you did its review great justice.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:

Post by viczboy16 »

Kaushiki Parihar wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 20:51 This seems a helpful book to those who wants to improve their love relations. Thank you for your insightful review.
It’s very helpful. Tanks for a positive feedback
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

Failed relationships tend to leave an impact that influences how we treat our future relationships. Sometimes, they leave such a deep impact that we, without even knowing it, let it ruin our present one. A healthy relationship is very important. Thanks for the amazing review.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:

Post by viczboy16 »

MsH2k wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 01:11 It is an important distinction that the book is about love relationships, not love. It’s the relationship that’s the hard part. Thank you for a great review.
Thanks for your feedback. Most times, we assume love and love relationships as same but truth is we need a good relationship to keep someone we love. Thanks
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

It's rare to see a self-help book in the field of love and relationships. Usually, they are about making money or becoming successful. I liked your review, and I am sure this book can help millions of young lovers across the world.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

Beautiful review 👏🏼👏🏼. I agree with the author that we have to unlearn several things from our pasts in order to have healthier relationships in the future. The book seems refreshing and full of relevant information and would definitely be of utmost help to people wishing to have more meaningful relationships.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:

Post by viczboy16 »

Medhansh Bhardwaj wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 06:19 It's rare to see a self-help book in the field of love and relationships. Usually, they are about making money or becoming successful. I liked your review, and I am sure this book can help millions of young lovers across the world.
Thanks for a positive feedback. I was glad to see a self help book on love relationships.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:

Post by viczboy16 »

Amynwankwo_ wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 09:52 Beautiful review 👏🏼👏🏼. I agree with the author that we have to unlearn several things from our pasts in order to have healthier relationships in the future. The book seems refreshing and full of relevant information and would definitely be of utmost help to people wishing to have more meaningful relationships.
The unlearning step is very important to develop better relationships. Thanks for your feedback.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

Viczboy16 wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 02:15
Amynwankwo_ wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 09:52 Beautiful review 👏🏼👏🏼. I agree with the author that we have to unlearn several things from our pasts in order to have healthier relationships in the future. The book seems refreshing and full of relevant information and would definitely be of utmost help to people wishing to have more meaningful relationships.
You’re welcome!

The unlearning step is very important to develop better relationships. Thanks for your feedback.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”