Review of Rulers of the Galaxy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Priya shrikumar
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Valoria
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-shrikumar.html
Latest Review: Awakening by Tayma Tameem
fav_author_id: 199293

Review of Rulers of the Galaxy

Post by Priya shrikumar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rulers of the Galaxy" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem is a futuristic science-fiction novel set in space that revolves around an interplanetary war brewing across the Galaxy. Salarin, an Elven woman wakes up and finds herself in the middle of a battlefield with no recollection of her past other than her name. Salarin finds a baby in the courtyard and immediately flees the planet as a hostile species, the Imperials try to kill both Salarin and the child. With an intention to find the child's real parents and to solve the mystery regarding her own identity, Salarin sets out on an intergalactic adventure.

In Elventar she crosses paths with Bosco, a young Raider who would go above and beyond to help Salarin find the child's parents. Likewise, both of them are caught up in a foul game of intergalactic warfare between the Imperials and the Elementals. Salarin struggles to find her place in the new world and tries to piece everything together herself with the best of her abilities. I absolutely loved this book and could barely put it down till I was at the last page. Tayma Tameem has never once failed to deliver a beautiful story along with beautiful characters. The author possessed this unique ability to drag her readers into a colorful world of her creation and make them enjoy it.

I enjoyed Salarin's journey as the book proceeds into unexpected twists and turns. Bosco's character was rather lively and his kind attitude made me quite attached to him. I enjoyed reading General Daaken's point of view simultaneously as it gave depth to the situation on both the planets. I appreciated Salarin's character development as she gradually goes from a clueless woman to a fierce warrior. I understand why she was reluctant to get attached to the child as she knew that she had to part with it someday. Her relationship with the other characters is explained wonderfully as well.

However, what upset me the most is the massive cliffhanger at the end that left me speechless. I would have appreciated an elaboration at the end. Despite all that, the flow of the book was unhindered and the entire story is perfectly well-written.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as it was a perfect read for me as an avid science fiction lover. Rulers of the Galaxy is exceptionally well edited as I could not spot any typos or errors in the whole book. I would recommend this to readers above the age of 15 as the book contains some instances of profanity and graphical violence which might not bode well for a younger audience. So far it's been an absolutely engaging read and Tayma Tameem has become my favourite author.

Rulers of the Galaxy
View: on Bookshelves
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 814
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

Intriguing plot and fascinating characters! I haven't read any book by Tayma Tameem yet but the reviews for her books have always been very encouraging. I'll pick up one of her books soon.
Thanks for this fantastic review. :tiphat:
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Priya shrikumar
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Valoria
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-shrikumar.html
Latest Review: Awakening by Tayma Tameem
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by Priya shrikumar »

Mindful Wordsmith wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 13:18 Intriguing plot and fascinating characters! I haven't read any book by Tayma Tameem yet but the reviews for her books have always been very encouraging. I'll pick up one of her books soon.
Thanks for this fantastic review. :tiphat:
I think you must read it. I have read about 4 Tayma Tameem books and neither of them has disappointed me. I hope you enjoy her works. And thank you, you are sweet.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”