Review of The Fourth Kinetic

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shawn Bishop
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shawn-bishop.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Review of The Fourth Kinetic

Post by Shawn Bishop »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book The Forth Kinetic: Clairvoyants is an amazing book. It was written by Brady Moore who is a great author. Its about a kid who lives his life on the move constantly. His mother is constantly moving them from place to place because of her work. As they are leaving their house they get pulled over by a cop who is obviously up to no good. So Rion Greene telepathically throws him like a rag doll. They continue on their way until they started to get chased a couple minutes later. Rion's mother starts to freak out and constantly asks if he trusts her then she throws him out of the car and tells him to run and she takes off. Rion does as she says but some of the soldiers chasing them must have seen him and they start looking around for him. Lucky he had some unknown friends helping him get away. Throughout the entire book Rion meets other people like him, clairvoyants, and they help train him and teach him about what he is all so he can accomplish his own goal. Find and save his mother.

Overall the book was amazing. It kept me very entertained and I found it hard to put down! Brady Moore had the perfect combination of suspense and action to keep it interesting to the very last page. He is also a very descriptive author. From the beginning I could picture every part of the book like it was happening in real life. For example the very first sentence of the books starts off with "I stare upward at the fading stars in the indigo sky" (Moore, pg. 1). Just from this I can picture exactly what he's seeing like I'm looking at it myself. Its this attention to detail and how descriptive the author is that makes this book so great.

As for negative points I dont think there are any. The book was very well written with almost no grammar errors or misspelled words. There was very minimum cursing and none of it is anything too voguer or bad. The plot line was amazing and all of the characters were well introduced and part of the plot. There was not a waste of words either. Moore made sure every conversation, paragraph, and chapter were relevant to the story. It honestly is an amazing read. Between the great points and the lack of any bad points I gave this book a 4 out of 4.

When rating a book I take all things into consideration. From the character growth to the story line to how well the author uses certain words. For example, in the sentence I quoted above he could have just used "blue" or a "dark blue". Instead he uses 'indigo' which is much more descriptive and easier to visualize. Small things like this makes the book more enjoyable to read. Even something as small as who the character interacts with here and there makes a huge difference and Moore did an amazing job.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes sci-fi, magic, suspense, and thrill. Anyone who wants to find a book so great they can't put it down should definitely look into this one. This book also doesn't really have a hard age range. It can be for older and younger readers alike. I can't say it enough, this book really is great!

The Fourth Kinetic
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Some of the characters were not as well developed as others. I did, however, enjoy how he discovered other clairvoyants and bonded with them. Thanks for the review.
Amaka Ike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amaka-ike.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Amaka Ike »

This seems like an interesting book. I enjoy superheroes stories. Thanks for this excellent review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”