Review of Schmooze

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Candy tutu
Currently Reading: Behind the Cabin Door
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-candy-tutu.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review of Schmooze

Post by Candy tutu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Schmooze" by Cody Lowry.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you read all the motivational and self-help books but still can't figure out why your business and life are far from being successful?. Do you feel miserable, despite owning a very successful business and don't understand why?. Perhaps it's because you haven't yet read Schmooze: What They Should Teach at Harvard Business School by Cody Lowry. It's an amazing self-help and inspiring autobiography, I believe guaranteed to help every reader.

"Schmooze" comes from the Yiddish word "shmuesn", which means to chat idly or to chat in a friendly way, to gain favor in business or connections. In the book, Cody gives the word "schmooze" a whole new definition. Which is to inspire and get inspired by others. To care, help and love people, regardless of their background.

The author begins the book by narrating about his childhood challenges. At a young age of 11 years old, he sold newspapers on the street. Determination and dreaming big is what drove him daily. And today his a rich and successful business owner. The author goes on to mention the importance of mentorship at a young age. Mentors played a big role in shaping him.

I enjoyed the book from start to finish with a smile. Cody not only shares valuable life lessons and business strategies, but does it in a humorous style, which makes the book enjoyable and an easy read. I liked the motivational quotes and pictures at the opening of each chapter. They spiced up the topics in a unique way. "The TakeAway" was exceptional, summarizing the chapter in a thought-provoking humourous way, which was unforgettable for me.

I have read a number of motivational books before, but none of them have inspired and changed my life as this one has. What I liked the most is the last chapter. Here Cody talks about the importance of remaining "relevant" in life and business after aging. Therefore there's no room for retirement. The author discourages retiring from duties. It only leads to unhappiness and unhealthiness. He reminds the readers that, "you are never too old or young to chase after your dreams," I totally agreed with the author.

I only disliked the part where the author chose not to mention the word "God", as the one responsible for helping him to succeed but said, "I am truly indebted to the Big Guy Upstairs for all that he has bestowed upon me".

I found the book well-structured and without any errors. I therefore rate it as a 4 out of 4 stars especially for its valuable life lesson sharing. I therefore recommend it to business owners, motivational book lovers and anyone with big dreams.

Schmooze
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
His an awesome God !!! :coffee1-smiley:
Muzilangelu-3
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Muzilangelu-3 »

This is a very insightful review of the book by Cody Lowry entitled What They Should Teach at Harvard Business School. I found this review to be quite helpful because i have been struggling with business and there are very few books on motivation in the business world. I am now convinced enough to get my own copy so that i can get the knowledge i need to help grow and sustain business as well as help my ageing mother to continue with her own business rather than just sit home bored. Im definitely recommending it to her too. Well done i love 👍👍👍
Candy tutu
Currently Reading: Behind the Cabin Door
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-candy-tutu.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Candy tutu »

Muzilangelu-3 wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 15:54 This is a very insightful review of the book by Cody Lowry entitled What They Should Teach at Harvard Business School. I found this review to be quite helpful because i have been struggling with business and there are very few books on motivation in the business world. I am now convinced enough to get my own copy so that i can get the knowledge i need to help grow and sustain business as well as help my ageing mother to continue with her own business rather than just sit home bored. Im definitely recommending it to her too. Well done i love 👍👍👍
Am glad you read it muzilangelu. And just like you, i want to help my mum grow her business and remain relevant. I'm convinced my business and life too will begin to be tops for sure thanks to "schmooze". I Greatly appreciate thanks again :tiphat:
His an awesome God !!! :coffee1-smiley:
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the book is inspiring and that it contains important life lessons. Thanks for the good review.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Books like these can really motivate a person to achieve their goals. Its nice that Cody wanted to help others gain the same success he has. Nicely done review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”