Review of Fast-Starting A Career of Consequence

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
brooke oakes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooke-oakes.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Review of Fast-Starting A Career of Consequence

Post by brooke oakes »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fast-Starting A Career of Consequence" by Fred Sievert.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you want to create an impact in the career of your choice? This book has ideas for you whether you are entering or re-entering into the job force. You have strengths that make you stand out from everyone else. The author walks you through identifying your strengths, how to tap into them, and how to use them in cooperation with a team.

Fast-Starting A Career of Consequence by Fred Sievert helps to give you direction in getting into a career that you are passionate about. In the book he shows how you can use guiding principles found in the Bible towards following your path. The author explains the values of several well known companies. He shows how they are aligned with their Christian beliefs to create the best experience for their customers and employees. Through understanding the vision of a company you can see how your own beliefs and skills fit in. This can help you become an asset to them, and create a career that is fulfilling.

I found this book inspiring. I highly enjoy personal development books typically. I loved looking at my own thoughts and skills as I read this book. I also get that the Bible verses chosen accentuated each chapter. They served as points to expand your thinking and even help you do some reflection. The author covers several topics including preparing for a meeting, presentation skills, and creating balance. He talks about how you can prepare and plan for each situation.

The technical parts about researching the company and career you are interested in was a bit tedious for me to read. This is only a small portion of the book though, and I highly enjoyed the rest of it. The topics were created in a way that flowed from determining what you want to do all the way through to the necessary actions needed to excel at the career that you choose.

This book was well written, and goes in depth with every aspect of entering into a long term career. I have to give this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book appears professionally edited and transitions well between topics making it an easy read.

I recommend this book for adult Christians who are looking to create an impact in the world. This book is not meant for someone who is just looking for a place to make some money with little effort. The author dives deep into how you can find what a company really expects and wants. He then walks you through how to showcase your own alignment to the prospective employer.

Fast-Starting A Career of Consequence
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”