Review of How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Atieno Magero
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Review of How To Be Successful

Post by Atieno Magero »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How To Be Successful is a self-help book by M. Curtis McCoy. The book is one hundred and eighty-five pages long and consists of twenty-seven chapters. The chapters comprise of insights and tips on being successful, as well as interviews. The author interviews seven people in total, including himself.

My favorite thing about How To Be Successful was the interviews. I love that M. Curtis McCoy interviews various successful people throughout the book. The interviews were immensely insightful. I think it was befitting that he interviewed himself first. It allowed me to gain deeper insight into his life. Plus, I love that he probed his mother as well. I could tell that the author got various traits like hard work, perseverance, and determination from his mother.

Another thing I liked is M. Curtis McCoy’s story. I found his interview motivating and inspiring, especially given his life experiences. He struggled with health issues such as diabetes and having daily grand mal seizures. He was eventually diagnosed with brain cancer and was told he had between sixty to ninety days to live. The diagnosis changed his life. He had trouble doing even the most mundane activities. His story showed me that if you have the right attitude and put in the effort, you can overcome almost anything.

Most people associate success with money and material things. I love that How To Be Successful offers tips on being triumphant in all aspects of life. Not just in terms of finance and business-like other books. This book focuses on a more well-rounded and wholesome type of success. I think that is what makes this book unique and worth reading.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading How To Be Successful. I have no negative critiques to give the book. I think that this is a thought-provoking book that everyone should read.

Generally, I am going to be giving How To Be Successful an overall rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I did not find anything that would warrant a negative critique from me. I would say that the book was professionally edited. This is because I did not come across any errors while reading.

I would recommend How To Be Successful to readers who like motivational and self-help books in general. This book is perfect for readers interested in learning how to achieve success. Plus, it would benefit those seeking personal development. It will also be an ideal read for people who enjoy nonfiction books.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

It is commendable that the author writes from his life experience and the difficulties he has successfully overcome. Thanks for the good review.
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Susan Gibbs »

This review tells us exactly what to expect in the book. It sounds like an inspirational book. The writer has had to overcome health obstacles and has emerged as a stronger person who is now interested in providing advice on life to others.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Muskan Afzal-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-afzal.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Muskan Afzal- »

This seems like such a helpful manual for anyone looking to launch their own company! I'm happy the author provided insightful advice on how the reader may effectively realise their aspirations. I appreciate the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”