Review of Young Americans

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maestro Kutlwa Musiq Radipabe VI
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maestro-kutlwa-musiq-radipabe-vi.html
Latest Review: The Journalist by John Reid Young

Review of Young Americans

Post by Maestro Kutlwa Musiq Radipabe VI »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Young Americans" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book is a crime thriller about a troubled young boy called Tommy Logan who survived abuse as a kid. He grew up in a strict Christian home, his father would make him go to church every Sunday even after he told his father what the Priest was doing to him; the Priest lied to him, made him do nasty things he even did shamefully things to him, Tommy hated the Priest for that and his father for not believing him. However Tommy survived, he grew up to be a brave ambitious young man and even found love, Sandy loved him dearly with all his baggage and darkest secrets. In his 20s Tommy and his Girlfriend Sandy lived a fancy life from just dealing Marijuana and were getting hooked to the life of money, sex and drugs. Dealing narcotics to maintain their fancy lifestyle Tommy’s ambition grew bigger, he wanted to make a million. Because of his lifestyle Tommy knew resourceful people and used that to his advantage to make his way into the big leagues of dealing narcotics, which was a dark cruel world he did not expect. Tommy faced death square in the eyes a couple of times along with Sandy in a foreign country with nowhere to get help.

Young Americans is a griping thriller with vivid characters and a plot that made me flinch with every chapter. I was amazed by Peter S Rush’s ability to make everything in this book so vivid and also maintaining a consistent flow to the story. The details to the characters made them all unforgettable and easy to picture. I found myself holding my breath every time Tommy Logan found himself in a sticky situation, and looking away from the book when the danger became too tense for Tommy, in other words I was always rooted for Tommy.

It is really sad when great book like this isn’t edited professionally because, the only bad thing I can say about this book is the editing which was bad especially in middle of the book and almost towards the end. I honestly don’t think it was professional edited fully, as I said, most of the errors like typos, spelling and spacing starts occurring somewhere in the middle of book.

I genuinely enjoyed reading Young Americans it kept my imagination running and, it’s a pity about the editing which I feel affected my rating. With that being said, I rate this book a 3 out of 4.

The work done in this book is enticing and vivid. I felt as if I was teleported into the book and had a first hand experience of the cruel world Tommy Logan got himself into. I was captivated up till the end even with the errors I came across which was why I did not rate it a 2 out of 4. However the errors where continues, it gave me the impression that this book was not professional edited which is why I could not rate it a 4 out of 4.

I recommend this book to lover of crime thriller novel, and young adults because it contains explicit sex scenes for mature audience.

Young Americans
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
A Musician by Profession an Artist by Nature..
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

The book sounds particularly interesting. Thank you for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
DyanaFl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dyanafl.html
Latest Review: Like Glass by Sylvia Wilde

Post by DyanaFl »

This sounds like an interesting read. I'm a bit conflicted about whether I would enjoy Tommy's adventures in the narcotic dimensions though. Thanks for the review!
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

This sounds like a book I would enjoy, however with the poor editing, I do not know if I would still enjoy it. Thanks for the awesome review!
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maestro-kutlwa-musiq-radipabe-vi.html

Niens Now wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 07:35 The book sounds particularly interesting. Thank you for a great review.
Thank you reading and commenting on my review.
I really appreciate it
Currently Reading:

DyanaFl wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 09:37 This sounds like an interesting read. I'm a bit conflicted about whether I would enjoy Tommy's adventures in the narcotic dimensions though. Thanks for the review!
The book is genuinely interesting
Thank you for commenting :)
Currently Reading:

Hyacinth Bella wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 20:17 This sounds like a book I would enjoy, however with the poor editing, I do not know if I would still enjoy it. Thanks for the awesome review!
Thank you for commenting :(
The editing was not so bad, just a few typos and spacing errors.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”