Review of Rulers of the Galaxy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gabriela Veiga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriela-veiga.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review of Rulers of the Galaxy

Post by Gabriela Veiga »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rulers of the Galaxy" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Salarin is running away with a baby. She wakes up in the middle of a battlefield, hearing the cries of a baby that she doesn’t know. Actually, she remembers nothing except her own name

As soon as Salarin wakes up, she’s attacked by an army, but she fights her way to an escape pod and flees to another planet. When she gets there, it’s time to learn who she is and how she can get the baby to its parents. After some struggle, she reaches a city and discovers that the same army attacked them. While there, the woman meets people that soon become her friends, and will help her on her journey. Salarin meets Bosco, and together they will fly through planets, discovering her past, escaping their enemies, knowing who destroyed the planet, who is the child's parents, and why he seems so different.

Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tammem is the first novel of a series. The book is a sci-fi adventure novel. Tayma’s book reminded me a lot of Star Wars, maybe because it was set in space with different planets and races. Maybe it was Bosco who reminded me of the jokes Han Solo made and his Millenium Falcom. Or maybe it was the Imperials reminding me of The Imperial. I can surely say that Bosco was the best character by far, as also as his relationship with Salarin. They become friends fast and are soon playing with each other like old pals, unless he has to watch the baby and does it poorly, which really annoys Salarin.

The only problem I have about Tammem’s novel is how long it is. Some parts could have been out. It was a little longer than I predicted, and unfortunately, some events were boring. But, it is a book where a lot of things happen, some not as important as others.

Even if Tayma Tammem’s book had some boring parts, I’ll still give it a 4 out of 4 stars. Her writing is almost as exceptional as it is in Valoria and I couldn’t find errors while reading it. She knows how to write her characters and the world building. The adventures are excellent to the end.

I would recommend this book to anyone that loves friendship and about the difficulty of self-knowledge. Of course, since the main topic about Rulers of the Galaxy is space, I definitely recommend it to people that like this kind of sci-fi.

Rulers of the Galaxy
View: on Bookshelves
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Your review has made me curious about who this baby really is! Thank you for your take and your recommendation. :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

I like the comparison between the book and Star Wars, it really captures the spirit of the book. It is also interesting to know who the baby belongs to. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”