Review of Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Review of Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France

Post by T T 2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France" by Michael C. Higgins, PhD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Exploring Wine Regions - Bordeaux France by Michael C. Higgins is a travel and lifestyle book covering the city of Bordeaux in France famous for its varieties of grapes, planted in different countries that are later made into the famous wines. This book is a travel guide that will help you find your way through the city of Bordeaux, taking you on a journey of exploring their food, wines, wineries, vineyards, castles, and of course the French way of living.

The author has made sure to include everything, from its history to geography supported by maps and its development over the period of time. The entire book is filled with beautiful photographs of the places clicked by the author himself. This book will give you an in-depth look into the city of Bordeaux, the places to visit, the history of the city through museums and beautiful castles, restaurants to dine in, wine tasting, festivals to take part and also the best hotels to stay in adding to the city’s best experience. The book also has a column for definitions of French words at the end, which will be helpful while reading.

I was intrigued by the book and the way it was presented, with colorful pictures, city maps, location of hotels, restaurants, vineyards, and so on. While reading the book, I was drooling over the scrumptious meals the author had described with the photographs. Being a foodie myself, this definitely added to my curiosity about different delicacies, their origin, and taste. Talking about wine, this book is a definite win for all wine lovers. Not only it will take you on a journey of discovering the varieties of grapes and vineyards, but will also satisfy your tastebuds with different types of Bordeaux wines. The author has explained each and every variety of grapes, original to Bordeaux, and the process of winemaking. I am not a wine lover, but I was able to learn a lot about wines and the history of their origin.

The book in itself is a journey, that will want you to go on a trip and explore the city. The author has done a wonderful job in writing, making you will feel the love he has for Bordeaux and the French culture and lifestyle. The book is very well edited, with no errors. I was amazed by the detailing in every aspect of the book, be it it's writing, pictures, or just the format, curating to everybody's preference. This book completely satisfied my itch of going on a trip and exploring different cities, their culture, history, and food. I have added the city of Bordeaux to my travel list and so will you after reading the book.

That being said, I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars and will recommend it to all the people who love travelling, eating and drinking. The book does its job, by making you fall in love with the city and the wines. I enjoyed my time while reading the book and you will too. If you are planning a trip to France, make a stop at Bordeaux, and don’t forget to carry this book as your travel companion.

Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

I too enjoyed this book. And like you, I totally want to visit Bordeaux after reading this book. The photographs were indeed lovely.
I enjoyed reading your review as well. Good one.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

Thanks for your review, I've also reviewed this book sometime back and I must say that I agree with all the points that you've mentioned above. Great job with the review!
T T 2
Currently Reading:

Post by T T 2 »

Paluk Pathania wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 04:04 Thanks for your review, I've also reviewed this book sometime back and I must say that I agree with all the points that you've mentioned above. Great job with the review!
Thank you for appreciating the review.
T T 2
Currently Reading:

Post by T T 2 »

Paluk Pathania wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 04:04 Thanks for your review, I've also reviewed this book sometime back and I must say that I agree with all the points that you've mentioned above. Great job with the review!
Glad you liked my review. Thank You!
Sia P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sia-p.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sia P »

Despite the fact that I am not a wine drinker, I am intrigued by how everything works and also the gorgeous photographs. I think I will add it to my shelf. Thanks for such a wonderful review though.
Anne Lucas
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anne-lucas.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Anne Lucas »

zainherb wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 09:34 I too enjoyed this book. And like you, I totally want to visit Bordeaux after reading this book. The photographs were indeed lovely.
I enjoyed reading your review as well. Good one.
Same! Bordeaux has landed in my to-travel list after reading this book.
:tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”