Review of Wellness Toolbox

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harsh Soni 3
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harsh-soni-3.html
Latest Review: Money Habits Grandma Taught Me by Luke Pentagon

Review of Wellness Toolbox

Post by Harsh Soni 3 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wellness Toolbox" by Don Roberts.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you confuse what exercise will benefit you most? Can you not make a difference between food myths and food facts? Are you a health-conscious person? And if yes, then this book should be your next read. Wellness Toolbox, by Don Roberts, is a book that takes you through the ride of various fitness tips, exercise routines and nutrition facts.

This book comprises four parts. In the first part, the author discusses fitness myths and facts. This part will describe many exercises (like deadlift and squats) and their benefits that can help you to make an exercise routine. In the second part, there are Don's clients' photos and testimonials that encourage the reader to be fit and keep trying. The third part is about nutrition. In this part, you will come to know about many concepts like calories, cholesterol and fascia. That will help you to make an easy to apply and sustainable diet plan. The fourth part is related to other health concepts like sleep, fluoride and calcium.

While reading this book, sometimes, I felt desperate to strongly believe in myths. Fortunately, he also includes motivational quotes and funny illustrations to lighten the mood. His research and 27 years of experience can be seen in the book. While debunking myths or describing facts, he represents several reasons to prove his point. He offers a lot of data and concepts in this book. I recommend reading this book slowly rather than shooting through the book. This allows you to understand and memorize the information at the maximum.

I genuinely like the inclusion of Don's personal stories because it makes this book more relatable for readers. He, in addition, gives reference books and resources which allow you to get in-depth on the related topic. Moreover, The author describes the complicated nutrition and fitness concepts as simple as it can be.

I found only one mistake in the book, but this will not disturb the reader. Next, the author uses some technical terms that he did not explain like ''burpees'' that will take some time away to discover the meaning of the word. So keep this in mind before selecting this book for reading.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book is professionally edited. I do not find any slight vulgarity. This book contains no erotic or religious content. Apart from this, his style of writing is seamless and promising. Therefore, I found no reason to not give it anything less than the maximum rating.

This book will be beneficiary for all 15 to 65 years old people. If you go to the gym or just start going to the gym, then this book can help you to make an exercise routine and a proper nutrition plan. This book will appear interesting for those who are health-conscious.

Wellness Toolbox
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lasty Kondijo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lasty-kondijo.html
Latest Review: Let's Help You Self-Help! by Anthony Jacob Braaten

Post by Lasty Kondijo »

wow i like how you started your review by questions which makes someone to think or act as an eye opener. I believe this is a very great book. its a must read for me.
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Post by shravsi »

This book seems to be quite helpful to learn about the myths and facts about fitness. Great review.
brooke oakes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooke-oakes.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Post by brooke oakes »

Thanks for the review! There’s a wide variety of topics for the health conscious in this book. I think it serves as a great quick reference guide. Can’t wait to read this one!
Harsh Soni 3
Currently Reading:

Post by Harsh Soni 3 »

shravsi wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 07:34 This book seems to be quite helpful to learn about the myths and facts about fitness. Great review.
This book is indeed very helpful to learn about fitness and nutrition. Thanks for your comment.
Harsh Soni 3
Currently Reading:

Post by Harsh Soni 3 »

brooke oakes wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 10:02 Thanks for the review! There’s a wide variety of topics for the health conscious in this book. I think it serves as a great quick reference guide. Can’t wait to read this one!
This book literally covers a wide variety of topics from exercises routine to diet plan and from gym to plate of food. Thanks for the comment.
Harsh Soni 3
Currently Reading:

Post by Harsh Soni 3 »

Lasty Kondijo wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 06:26 wow i like how you started your review by questions which makes someone to think or act as an eye opener. I believe this is a very great book. its a must read for me.
It is a great book about fitness and nutrition that can change anyone's health habits. Thanks for your comment. :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”