Review of Dread Tribunal of Last Resort

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of Dread Tribunal of Last Resort

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Dread Tribunal of Last Resort" by Brian Kaufman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Dread Tribunal of Last Resort, Brian Kaufman told the story of an ambitious man named Decker Brown. His ambition was to start up an illumination business, but he never knew that life had its cards to play. He had planned for a great invention and was determined to make his dreams come true. He had learnt the trade but returned home with a battle in his hands. He fought within himself to resist reality. The more he fought, the more life displayed the impending doom that was about to befall him. He had wished for a peaceful and successful life with the woman he loved. He planned to have four children (two boys and two girls). He was perfect in illumination invention. It was something the people had never seen before. He never listened to the rumors of war; he didn’t have to. He was almost considered a coward but didn’t mind because he understood the game life had planned to play. He had wished for an escape, but reality never gave him the chance to. Find out more about Decker by reading through the book.

On the positive aspect of the book, it exposed the reader to the sad reality of life. It shone a red light on the consequences of war in the world. Its imaginary form takes the reader into the very act itself. The book is also void of any form of emotional manipulation on the reader. Its words feel real and possible. The storyline is coherent and constructive. The book was suspenseful, making it difficult for the reader to predict what would happen next. I won't forget to give credit to the author for avoiding the unnecessary use of ambiguous words in buttressing his points. The diction was clear and simple. The book also contains great moral lessons that all readers can benefit from.

However, on the negative side, some characters were not well developed. The reader may have a clear picture of the event but will encounter difficulties creating pictures of the characters used in the book. For example, characters like Paul, Hetzel, Jules Verne, and Dahlgren were not adequately developed. Even Decker, who was the main character, was inadequately created. A few parts of the book also needed more development, and some parts could have been ignored for easy assimilation of the book.

The book was exceptionally well edited. I found no spelling or grammatical errors in it. However, I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. My rating is not higher because some characters in the book were not well developed. It also contains a lot of vulgar words and improper language.

I will recommend this book to lovers of fiction books and people with great minds of imagination.

Dread Tribunal of Last Resort
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

Decker's ambition will inspire a lot of readers. Lovers of fiction and people with great minds of imagination will definitely enjoy this one. Great review.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

I love realistic books because they justify the relevance of Literature; mirroring the society. Thank you for the review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

This book sounds realistic enough. Thanks for the review. I think I will read it to educate myself on the illumination process
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Sometimes, life always finds a way to thwart our plans and test our persistence. Great review.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

We must learn never to give up on our dreams and ambition. Great review.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

The story of Decker Brown seems to be one that holds a lot of promises. Readers can draw inspiration from it. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”