Review of Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Review of Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook

Post by zainherb »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook" by Fred Sievert.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you are a recent graduate just entering the corporate world, someone who is reentering the workplace after a long time, or an entry-level employee in a company, there are several things you need to know. Before choosing to work at a company, you must know your values and ensure that the company’s values are in line with yours. You should choose a career based on your talents, or spiritual gifts, according to the author. If you want to advance in your workplace, there are certain steps you must take to be seen in a positive light by your superiors. In Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook, Fred Sievert teaches us the methods he applied in rising throughout his corporate career, which are the same ones he taught to his daughter to help her rise from an entry-level position at her workplace.

This book is a workbook with many instructions, questions and assessment tests. It also contains spaces for notes, ensuring the reader's active participation and understanding. In addition, each chapter has a concise explanation of the concepts already taught in the actual book. Because of this, the workbook can be read and understood as a standalone and is even similar to a manual.

I like how the workbook can be understood on its own without one having to read the actual book first, although I would like to read it. The book was well-edited and the absence of errors made reading easy and interesting for me. I like how the book is beneficial to both employees and entrepreneurs. Many of the teachings apply to other aspects of life apart from the workplace. My favorite chapter is the one which teaches us the best way to make a presentation. The chapter is very detailed and applies in any situation where one has to give a presentation.

There are many religious teachings from Christianity throughout the book. This is not a problem for me, but the contents which are beneficial to a non-christian audience are found only after the fifth chapter. Even though I am not averse to religious content such as this, I found it a bit of a hardship to read five long chapters before getting to the part that I could learn from. This affected my enjoyment of the book.

Because of my reduced enjoyment in the first part of the book, I have to take off a star and give this book three out of four stars.

I recommend this book to Christians who are interested in entering the workforce or rising in a secular organisation. Those who are entrepreneurs will benefit from this book as well. Non-Christians who do not mind the religious content will benefit if they can be patient enough to get past the beginning of the book. Those who dislike books heavy on Christianity, books about the workplace, or nonfiction books may not enjoy reading this book.

Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

I have read and reviewed this book a while ago and I completely agree with your views on this. Thank you for a well-written review!
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

It’s great that this workbook can be useful without having read the actual book. I think I would enjoy the hands-on learning and reinforcement of a workbook.
Thank you for your thorough review and recommendation!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
J Edwards
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Global Business in the Age of Transformation
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by J Edwards »

Though I sometimes get bored while reading these kind of books, I think I would enjoy a d finish this one because it has assessment tests and I am always up for a challenge. Thanks for your great review.
:character-bart:
“We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

French novelist Marcel Proust.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

This book would be very helpful to me as i recently graduated.
Thanks for this amazing reveiw.
:tiphat:
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

I believe I will pass on this book because I do not believe it will assist me in any way. However, it may be quite beneficial to others. Thanks for your review!^^
Ashley2014
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley2014.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Ashley2014 »

The tests and assessments were really fun to fill out!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”