Review of Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Review of Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook

Post by Susan Gibbs »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook" by Fred Sievert.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert is a companion book to the original book. Recent Christian college graduates were the original target audience. The main book originated from a question his daughter asked him. She was working in her first entry-level job and felt frustrated because she wasn’t progressing in her career. After implementing her father’s advice, she soon advanced in her organization. This workbook can stand alone, without first reading the main book. Sievert wrote the workbook to illustrate the five key messages in his main book. The other aim was to provide exercises for the reader to do. This enables readers to apply the principles to their own lives, thus gaining the most out of Sievert’s advice. Readers can refer back to their notes at a later stage and monitor their progress. Sievert applies practical bible-based principles as well as wise business advice. He offers self-development suggestions, guidance, and structure to those in need of a pathway for their journey. Readers will have to read the workbook for themselves to learn more.

I liked that the book is user-friendly and easy to read. I enjoyed how Sievert makes religious principles a common thread in all his career advice. He is good-natured and well-meaning. Applying faith to one’s career may seem an obvious decision. However, we often forget to do so. We feel that the business world is not the place for religion. I liked the fact that each chapter begins with a bible verse. Readers are introduced to business principles and the religious principles are present underneath as the backbone. I appreciated the summarised key points at the end of each chapter. The action steps are helpful to gently guide readers and reinforce Sievert’s message. Sievert also provides helpful cautionary points. Ending each chapter with a relevant prayer was satisfying. The book is quick to read, uplifting, and encouraging.

I did not dislike anything about Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook. It would be difficult to criticize this book.

The book was expertly edited. I only found one error. I have no hesitation in rating this book 4 out of 4 stars.

This workbook will appeal to a wide variety of readers. I recommend it to those starting their careers, those changing careers, and those re-entering the job market. Employees who have been in the same job for a long time and need a fresh perspective should also read this book. Non –Christians may also enjoy the helpful business advice, although the bible verses and prayers may deter them.

Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
J Edwards
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Global Business in the Age of Transformation
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by J Edwards »

Workbooks like these ones should be written well and be easy to read because they usually lack the twists and turns that would usually maintain a reader's interest. I am glad that this book seems to be this way. Thanks for your good review.
:character-bart:
“We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

French novelist Marcel Proust.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

This workbook that is giving people knowledge to start their careers, change careers, and re-enter the job market sounds like a very beneficial read. Numerous age groups may find it valuable for their careers. Thank you for a detailed and great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”