Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brett Linette
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brett-linette.html
Latest Review: ACED. by Shea Rose
fav_author_id: 4642

Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by Brett Linette »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys is a book about not only reducing stress but using it to one's advantage.

The book opens with a preface that stresses the importance of confronting one's stress rather than leaving oneself to stew. I'd argue that the preface alone is enough of a reason to buy this book; it stresses the importance of keeping one's mental health intact so much so that I get chills just thinking back to it.

Before discussing various ways to subdue anxiety, the author makes a point to discuss just what anxiety is. He does this by listing common symptoms of anxiety: panting, trembling, sweating, et cetera. I kid you not when I say it's an exhaustive list but that I wish it were even longer; each symptom is explained in a way that is so concise that I could've read a million of them without having my patience wear thin.

I like how the author touches on symptoms of anxiety such as having difficulty swallowing, as opposed to just sticking to the ones that have been popularized in the media. As well known as anxiety is, this book taught me a lot of things I didn't know about anxiety, like how addictive certain medications for it can be.

The author goes on to explain how what weighs on our mind can weigh on our body in the form of conditions that may appear to call for medical attention, such as breathing difficulty or chest pain, and while the chest pain from anxiety can mimic the chest pain from that of a heart attack, the author takes the time to differentiate the two so as to give us a better idea of how to distinguish one from the other.

I was expecting to find a lot of simple home remedies for anxiety (such as counting to ten), and while a lot of the home remedies are simple, they're not nearly as clichรฉ as I was expecting them to be; as mundane as the notion of reaching for something outside of oneself is, it's one of those things a lot of us do without thinking, but when you're mindful about what it is you're feeling at your own discretion, I found that it really can combat those anxiety-related feelings that arise involuntarily.

As someone with a number of phobias, I enjoyed reading the section about them, though I think it could've been longer.

I came across a misspelled word, but aside from this mere typo, the book is error-free.

All things considered, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars for its enlightenment as well as encouragement. It's one of the few books that I can see myself looking back on ten years from now. Everybody is different, and while what works for one person might not work for someone else, this book has so much to offer that I'd like to think there's something in it for everyone. I'd recommend this book to anyone, but especially those who are down and in need of a little more than a pep talk.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
โžท
๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

This time seems like a good time to find no-pill methods to reduce our stress. This book is a go for me. Thanks for the review.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

This book is super educational when dealing with stress and anxiety, which most people have nowadays. It's also easy to understand. I would love to read this again and again. Thank you for the wonderful review!
Brett Linette
Currently Reading:

Post by Brett Linette »

PeterRabitt20 wrote: โ†‘02 Dec 2021, 19:26 This time seems like a good time to find no-pill methods to reduce our stress. This book is a go for me. Thanks for the review.
It is a good time for home remedies, especially with the pandemic and everyone trying to stay inside.

Thank you for the comment!
Emmanuel Anyalewechi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pharmemma.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Emmanuel Anyalewechi »

This book must be health informative.
Brett Linette
Currently Reading:

Post by Brett Linette »

Hyacinth Bella wrote: โ†‘02 Dec 2021, 22:32 This book is super educational when dealing with stress and anxiety, which most people have nowadays. It's also easy to understand. I would love to read this again and again. Thank you for the wonderful review!
The anxiety rate has definitely gone up in light of the pandemic. A book like this is almost mandatory in dealing with the world we've come to know.

Thanks for the comment!
Brett Linette
Currently Reading:

Post by Brett Linette »

Pharmemma wrote: โ†‘05 Dec 2021, 15:33 This book must be health informative.
I'd like to think all of the information in said book is accurate. It sounded accurate to me.

Thank you for the comment!
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

This books sounds helpful and it seems like it would be fairly comprehensive. I'm adding this one to my "to read" list!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Nemzy Nemzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemzy-nemzy.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nemzy Nemzy »

The author's insights into the mind-body connection and how it impacts stress levels are enlightening.
Abbra Marsh
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbra-marsh.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Abbra Marsh »

Reading Kinrys' advice feels like a breath of fresh air in the realm of stress relief.
Dominic Emezuru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Dominic Emezuru »

The writing style is engaging and easy to follow, making it an accessible read for anyone interested in the topic.

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€